Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmy z

Two reels for sale, Omoto 7000 and an Abu Ct

15 posts in this topic

The Omoto Wavecaster is the same a 7000 Abu, but with an adjustable mag. It has the same line capacity as the Abu 7000 and has a 5.5:1 gear ratio. This reel is a smooth caster and impossible to backlash. It has very good drags. Used but in very good condition. Has some scratches on the side plate edge, but nothing major!  It comes with a box, but for a 6000 size reel. I recently sold a couple of the 6000 size reels and must have gotten the boxes mixed up.

65.00 shipped!

The red Abu was built by Jerry Foran. It is old school with the bearings in the side plates. It is a 6500 c3 ct with a Japan style power handle. This reel has the stem bearing like the old stle c3's. This is a unique reel, and cost 225.00 new. It has not seen water, just cast on land.

150.00 shipped Paypal.

CIMG3008.JPGCIMG3011.JPGCIMG3014.JPG

CIMG3025.JPGCIMG3024.JPGCIMG3018.JPGCIMG3011.JPGCIMG3017.JPGCIMG3019.JPGCIMG3022.JPGCIMG3021.JPG

CIMG3028.JPG

Darn Jimmy,

How I would dearly love to take that Abu off your hands. I know it's a bit off the wall but if someone wanted to buy an Abu Blue Yonder in excellent (seriously) condition for the same $125 would you consider a 3-way trade? That reel I have on the Abu candy thread looks like a perfect color match, etc to yours...what a pair that would make :th:

If you think the idea has merit I"m game. Buyer Paypals you the $125, I turn and ship next day the Blue Yonder to them and when you get a chance ship the red Abu to me. I know beyond any doubt the buyer would be thrilled at the BY's condition.

I completely hope this is not highjacking your thread. I just don't have funds to purchase your reel outright. I can easily add pics as well. Dutch

Jimmy I'll grab the Omoto. Is that with the braid on the reel? Cover and brackets?

Glad you saved me here!

Ok Mike, and I have the box for the black one. 

If the buyer wants the exact box I can exchange today, but if not today I'll be out of town until Sunday. I don't care about getting the right box for mine so its not big deal for me.

Jimmy,

The BY already sold in another thread (I told you I was in your corner :th:).

"I will take it" the Red 6500 Abu. PM coming for arrangements on Paypal.

Dutch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea robin 51 View Post

Glad you saved me here!

If the buyer wants the exact box I can exchange today, but if not today I'll be out of town until Sunday. I don't care about getting the right box for mine so its not big deal for me.

Ok, Mike, but that rod clamp in there is for the 7000 as well. It won't fit the 6000 anyhow. I can pick up the box Monday?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassadana View Post

Jimmy I'll grab the Omoto. Is that with the braid on the reel? Cover and brackets?

The reel is yours, I have to switch the box with the one I sold to Robin 51. That will have the clamp as well. Hopefully. 

Ok, Mike, but that rod clamp in there is for the 7000 as well. It won't fit the 6000 anyhow. I can pick up the box Monday?

I didn't open the clamp anyway, I think its still in plastic. Does Sunday at 4 work again? Same spot

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0