Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
treblemaker

is there any penn reel that has the same size or simailr diameter as the vs 200

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

are thereany reels with the same spool diameter of a vs 200 or even close. i like the old penn reels i have a pen 704z i use sometimes instead of my 250. the thing i have a vs brand new 150 i would sell and would like to buy a penn reel in good condition

Not sure I am even close here...but...The older Penn 650SS, perhaps the new Battle. Both can convert... for the 650SS you need a part (I have one) to change the handle to the opposite side.

Is this in the Forum you wanted it in by the way?

well i just wanted some info from other rod builders. i wasnt sure if they were the same spool size and similar in weight i am selling my vs 150 i just dont like the size of that reel. looking for a replacment reel to put on my 9foot and would like a similar spool size as a 200 remember i am a lefty vs is limited to me

The Torque 5 is a no-brainer, to me at least. It can be converted to lefty in about 30 seconds, is sealed like the VS, and actually casts way better, from what I've read, than Van Staals do. There's a lot to like about this reel. If you're selling a VS150, you won't have to come up with that much extra cash to buy a new one.

I don't have them side by side to measure them, but my guess is that the TRQ5 spool is a bit smaller than the VS200 spool. That said, if you're worried about whether a new reel will cast as well as the VS on your 9, footer, I wouldn't worry about it -- a small difference in spool size will have virtually no impact on how your rod performs, especially if you're fishing with braid.

Bring your rod to a good tackle shop, and see how the Torque feels. It's not a Spinfisher, but it's a very good reel.