Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
126andy

St Patricks Day Parade Montauk

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Heard today that the parade out there is going to start at 10AM this year. If anyones planning on taking the LIRR out they better plan on missing the parade because I don't think the train gets out there until after 11AM. Maybe the RR will run a special train. Just a heads up for anyone using the train

Last year the parade officials and town of Montauk (East Hampton?) were trying to get LIRR to reduce the train schedule for parade day, to minimize the number of drunk kids showing up. I guess they've had a problem with underage drinkers from out of town who take the LIRR to the parade and party too hard. Think i read about it in the East Hampton Star last summer.

Last year the parade officials and town of Montauk (East Hampton?) were trying to get LIRR to reduce the train schedule for parade day, to minimize the number of drunk kids showing up. I guess they've had a problem with underage drinkers from out of town who take the LIRR to the parade and party too hard. Think i read about it in the East Hampton Star last summer.

yeah - always a scare tactic, same thing long beach does every year rummers start that their 'irish day" held in oct. will be cancelled cause of roudy drunk peaple. these towns need the $$$ these days bring in.

50th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will kick off from Edgemere Road at 10:00 a.m. Sunday March 25th in Montauk, NY. The Parade runs up Edgemere Road and then turns on to Main Street, passed the reviewing stand on the green and finishes at the end of Main Street by the IGA. Come early to get a good vantage point to see NY’s second largest St. Patrick’s Day Parade.

The train schedule as it stands right now shows it pulling into Montauk at. 10:46AM if it's running ontime.

It costs a lot of money to throw the parade. The people who The Friends of Erin, and The Chamber of Commerce , are trying to attract have been slowly dwindling due to the kids/kid like people who can't hold their liquids. So they are trying a new time to cut down on miscreants. I would believe that they would be happy if the LIRR suspended service for the day. Hell the Shag even closed because they didn't want to deal with it. (You know its a rough crowd when the Shag is closed.) I believe they will give it another try this year.

Being so late in March I hope we have good weather. Good family fun. The way a parade is supposed to be. Stop over by the bank parking lot, next to the Chamber and say hi. My buddies and I usually have a bbq going with a bunch of kids running around.

Cheers,

Mike

It costs a lot of money to throw the parade. The people who The Friends of Erin, and The Chamber of Commerce , are trying to attract have been slowly dwindling due to the kids/kid like people who can't hold their liquids. So they are trying a new time to cut down on miscreants. I would believe that they would be happy if the LIRR suspended service for the day. Hell the Shag even closed because they didn't want to deal with it. (You know its a rough crowd when the Shag is closed.) I believe they will give it another try this year.

Being so late in March I hope we have good weather. Good family fun. The way a parade is supposed to be. Stop over by the bank parking lot, next to the Chamber and say hi. My buddies and I usually have a bbq going with a bunch of kids running around.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike--Went to the Westhampton Beach St Patrick's Day Parade today no St Patrick's Day parade is the place for the Occupy movement to participate with a float and their protest signs. I find it offensive that, at a family oriented parade" these jerks were allowed to disrupt the parade route skating up and down in front of other groups on skateboards. I also found it in bad taste the wearing of masks of political figures, including the President, all while on the rear of their parade float they had a figure hanging by a noose.

Hope we don't see that out in Montauk, hopefully I'll make it out and stop by to say hi.

Cheers,

Mike

How's Kathleen Hewitt doing( dated her in 1986 for a couple months) She's the daughter of the owner of Shagwons. Heard she hit some rough roads their for awhile.