Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tfisher

ok - truth be told: the white stuff

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Use to ski all the time before I got married with children from 90--2002. Still got all the equipment just gathering dust. Tried snowboarding one time & got the hang of it after the first trip but never tried it again.

riding (like fishing) is something I truly enjoy - I wish it was as easy to go like it is for fishing for me

That is why I have lived in the places I have lived. Stripers have been poor for several years in Maine, but if you draw a 2 hour circle around Bangor ( 2 hours each way is a normal day trip north of Augusta) I can be in great trout, salmon, smallmouth, skiing, hunting country, hiking, you name it. If I need to scratch my striper itch, I go to Mass for a few days.

The first time I snowboarded was also the last time I've ever been skiing. 87 as well. Learned on a Burton Elite then moved to a ******* HIDEOUS looking Safari. Wish I still had the Safari. :( First "real" snowboard was the original Asym Air. Moved to plates and haven't ridden soft boots since. Had M's, PJ's, Factory Primes, and an Ultra Prime, which I still ride on occasion. Now my goto boards are the Donek Metal AX and the Coiler All Mountain. Just wish there was some ******* snow this year...

Wife and I ski, two boys snowboard

Thinking about saying eff work and school and having a family mental health day on the mountain on Monday

And I hate snowboarders - big bulldozers pushing all the snow off the runs.

If you have to go down sideways like a plow, you shouldn't be on that trail, go back to the bunny slope.

I ski (fixed and a little free heel). 2 of my kids are knuckledraggers and my little girl is a skier who eats up moguls..

a fun time to be with the kids.

i ski... nordic and alpine... competed from age 5 up through college in both... when burton first introduced his boards i tried one at gunstock.. was fun but not nearly as fast as skiing... now living in florida i ice skate... havent had my boards on my feet since 98