Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Suicide...

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

One person dies every 15 mins from a confirmed suicide. This does not include intentional drug overdoses or other intentional acts that have not been confirmed as a suicide. Many years ago someone spoke candidly and confidentially with me about her desire to kill herself. I went to her mother. The girl hated me for years! Recently, I was contacted by this person, with photos of her kids and a note --- apparently, I was the only person who listened.

Just yesterday, at a family funeral, someone spoke of their despondency and wish to not go onward. But, they also talked about their fear that they would not enter Heaven If they killed themselves.

This morning I spoke with someone who just successfully completed a treatment program to address suicide survivorship issues, substance abuse & attempted suicide. It is a new dawn.

Last week I spoke with a Marine who successfully completed a TPSD in patient program after trying to drug himself to death. Life is good.

I just came home for lunch (to check in on my FIL) and found him sitting on the bed --- praying that God will take him. Quite frankly, I'm not equipt for this. It is a challenge keeping my head in the game when all around me are loosing it. I grabbed his coat and told him that we needed to go pick up the kids and go to the grocery. I told him that his grand daughter wanted to make Mozzarella cheese and that I don't know how to buy the starter (he looked at me like I was a moron!). I just called and rescheduled work because now I'm waiting for him to get "cleaned up" to go out --- looking for the hair tonic! One of these days I just want to join the chorus of "why me" --- just to hear how it sounds coming from my lips. My phone rings and people have problems --- I listen & fix them. Some day, I just may go deaf!

Maybe the man is tired of living. I had an aunt that expressed that exact thought to me a couple of times. All her friends were dead, she could no longer drive and was tired of life.

It sounds like that's your role, and you have it because you can handle it, and you're good at it.

I bet to that woman, you are an angel.

That's gotta feel good.

Way to be there, well done.

Frankly, I'm surprised more people don't kill themselves.

If you look at the life some people have, RIP seems so much easier.

But I think every critter has the will to live built in to them, and sometimes that will gets broken,

I wished we were closer so I could shake your hand and buy you a drink. My wife has a friend who's daughter tried to kill herself many times. She was a college grad with a great job. She tried with drugs and slicing her wrists. This went on for a few years until she bought a shotgun and....Some people no matter what you do it won't help. The sad thing is her mother has all sorts of degrees in the mental heath industry and still couldn't stop her. Then again if she was my mother I'd do it to.:)

It sounds like that's your role, and you have it because you can handle it, and you're good at it.

I bet to that woman, you are an angel.

That's gotta feel good.

Way to be there, well done.

Frankly, I'm surprised more people don't kill themselves.

If you look at the life some people have, RIP seems so much easier.

But I think every critter has the will to live built in to them, and sometimes that will gets broken,

I doubt if there's any animal that ever lived that wanted it's life to end. Can't understand why humans aren't the same but I do see how life is hard for some.

Never known anyone personally who wanted to commit suicide.

There was a government worker in NJ who I barely knew who hung himself but I never got to know him. Never found out what drove him to it.

We all stare into the dark recesses at some point- most will step back, but some will step forward no matter how hard you stop them.

I know a kid who's father killed himself when he was 8. That kid doesn't spend a day thinking 'what if I just hugged him harder when I returned to school from lunch?'

My Mom commited suicide when I was 8 yrs. Old and to this day can't understand how she could have left me with my father. I have a 14 yr. Old son and no matter how bad it got I would carry on just for him. He is my life and world....... Cortez your a good man who helps innocent people and have a good heart keep doing what you do brother.....

My Mom commited suicide when I was 8 yrs. Old and to this day can't understand how she could have left me with my father. I have a 14 yr. Old son and no matter how bad it got I would carry on just for him. He is my life and world....... Cortez your a good man who helps innocent people and have a good heart keep doing what you do brother.....

:( That must have been very, very, very hard...

Wow. I can not imagine.

I am sorry for having brought this up. It must be difficult to this day.

Actually, I am feeling every bit of an ass for whining --- today is a crappy day (month, .... Year...)

Sorry :(

Wow. I can not imagine.

I am sorry for having brought this up. It must be difficult to this day.

Actually, I am feeling every bit of an ass for whining --- today is a crappy day (month, .... Year...)

Sorry :(

No need to be sorry brother. Keep doing what you do....

See, I wouldn't do it just to keep my son from his mom. ;)

I have had a couple of family members and more than a few friends/acquaintances kill themselves, including an uncle and my cousin, grandson of the uncle.

My dad hung himself when I was 15, I took it really hard for quite some time. It was a tough age for me to lose my dad, but eventually you learn to deal with it and move on. Good for you for speaking up though, because before my dad died, he told me some things I wish I told someone about, maybe they could have helped him,or maybe not