Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ethompson

Question for you guys

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, I found a large supply of 2x2 pine and was wondering what kind of plugs this wood is best used for. I pretty much always use either AYC, WRC, or POC and have never tried pine but since I found all this I figured it would be cheaper and easier for me than to order my wood online like I always do. Thanks in advance.

I like it....good for pencils, spooks, swimmers, not bad for needles either, ya just need more lead.

By all means use it. Great for top water stuff. Seal it good and go fish!

Good deal! thanks guys. I was hoping it would be good for the topwater stuff as that is the majority of what I make. Love seeing fish explode for a plug even if they miss it it still gets the blood going and the heart racing

What species of pine? Yellow pine is crap for plugs. White or Sugar, go for it! Dannys, pencils and similar plugs would be good choices.

Jigman

Jiggy beat me too it. Old time gibbs were made from pine. I would be sure to seal it as pine is a porous wood.

What species of pine? Yellow pine is crap for plugs. White or Sugar, go for it! Dannys, pencils and similar plugs would be good choices.

Jigman

Jiggy beat me too it. Old time gibbs were made from pine. I would be sure to seal it as pine is a porous wood.

Not sure what species it is but i will certainly check before buying. Thanks guys. appreciate it!