Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigrig

Lodging around iri

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Is vrbo my best choice for finding affordable lodging? Any suggestions or places worth looking at? Trying to stay in the 100-200 a night range??? Looking for something around ibi

There is state park camping on the south side, but it fills up fast so you need to plan way in advance or head down and hope for cancellations. The state park also has cottages, but they don't allow dogs so I've never been there. If you want a hotel room there are plenty of vacant rooms in Dewy and Rehoboth in the off season, but in the summer they are quite expensive if you can find a room. I don't know what vrbo is so I cant comment on that.

yeh pretty much around Indian River you are screwed during the spring, summer. there arent any hotels near there xcept for in dewey. there are a couple small motels in bethany but it will be impossible to find a room.

Since I only live 20 miles away I've never used vrbo for IRI. I have used them for Hatteras, Martha's Vineyard and Block Island with good results. Search Dewey Beach & Bethany Beach. Both will put you on the border of Delaware Seashore State Park and 10 minutes give or take from the inlet.

I stayed at the Sea Esta lV on the Coastal Hwy 1 in Rehoboth this past Nov. At that time during the off season they were running a fisherman’s special price. I also can recommend the Bedtime Inn  Rt 50 West Ocean City. Both of these off the water locations offer better prices than the hotels right on the beach.  

Vrbo (vacation rentals by owner) is the way to go, after calling and looking around I found many affordable places, apartmentst to houses you can find about anything to fill your needs. I found several houses cheaper then most hotels I called. Plus many more pet friendly establishments. Thanks for everyone info and hope this may help someone else