Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bbtruck19

TIRES TIRES TIRES

46 posts in this topic

Fellow beach buggy people!.....I reach out with a knowledge question. I am currently running Nitto Terra Grapplers(JUNK) on a 2500 Ram Quad-Cab. I am thoroughly disappointed with the tread life of the tire. After 2 years its time to replace them. What are others using? Is anyone using Mickey Thompson ATZ?

BFG All terrain TA's last FOREVER!! I got 80K on a set with my Explorer and they had a ton of tread left when I sold the truck. They are a decent all around tire, wouldnt call them great in any situation. Any MT tire is going to wear pretty quick.

+1 on the Michelins, IMO the best tire out there. I've tried many and you can find plenty of less expensive tires but the Michelins last the longest and ride the best, just wish they weren't so expensive.

I had the REVO 2's on my '04 Titan and loved them...sold it due to an offer that I could not refuse.  Now have a '08 Titan and I put on a set of the Michelin AT/2s.  I hope they last me a long long time.  So far they are very good.

I had firestone destination A/ts on my X, tires had 50k on them and still had a bunch of life left. fiarly easy on the wallet and never got stuck anywhere ever. i bought them kind of on a whim as tireR@ck had them rated as the best A/T tires at the time. i was never disappointed and would have replaced them with the same ones. Go to TownFair, i have found they cannot be beat in terms of price once install is complete, and if you have a solid rear axle dont let them sell you the 4 wheel alignment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseybuddha View Post

cant go wrong with goodrich/michelin. get what u pay for with tires

I have found that every manufacturer has a bad tire here and there.  BFG Rugged Trails are junk (had them on my 08 Titan, 06 Tundra and Dad's 3/4 ton Dodge...alll stockers) but everyone loves the ATs. 

I have a Ram 2500 Mega Cab w/ Cummins that came with BFG LongTrails. Not a bad tire, plenty of life left but sidewalls have cracked considerably from beach driving. I have to replace them with only 27,000 miles. I had BFG A/T's on my last Dodge (1500 Quad) and will most likely go back to them. For me it was BFG's or the Toyo A/T II, but BFG made the size I want.

Have to go with michilin ltx a/t 2. I am on my 3rd set on my 03 ram quad cab diesel. 250k miles so far. I run 18 psi unloaded and 25 psi with the camper on the beach. On the road i run 75+ psi because with the soft ride it feels a little mushy in the corners with less psi.