Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
golden

Whale Shark supposedly dies just offshore then sold?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen this on any of the news feeds, Google, Yahoo? A whale shark was supposedly found drifting just offshore of Karachi, Pakistan, then hauled onshore dead - only to be sold for 18000 USD shortly after. Why don't I believe the fisherman who said it was dead or dying?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-57372838-503543/pakistani-fishermen-reel-in-40-foot-whale-shark/

I saw some footage of that, thing was HUGE! I was wondering why anyone would buy a dead Whale shark? Dont even know how long its been floating or why it died. :scared::huh:

Supposedly, the person that bought it will display it for 3 days for a fee and then use it for poultry feed. Scientists are saying it raises more questions than answers because they claim that they saw it floating days earlier. If sharks stop swimming, they die and when they do, they sink. They probably made up the story, since something that size would be impossible to unload without detection. They're also known for hunting whale sharks, even though they are listed as an endangered species. If they did find it dead, it is unfit for human consumption, as they start decomposing very quickly. The story sounds very shady to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seabass. View Post

Supposedly, the person that bought it will display it for 3 days for a fee and then use it for poultry feed. Scientists are saying it raises more questions than answers because they claim that they saw it floating days earlier. If sharks stop swimming, they die and when they do, they sink. They probably made up the story, since something that size would be impossible to unload without detection. They're also known for hunting whale sharks, even though they are listed as an endangered species. If they did find it dead, it is unfit for human consumption, as they start decomposing very quickly. The story sounds very shady to me.

With the fee to view comes a nose plug and thats a hell of a lot of poultry feed. Sounds like a whooooooole lotta bullchit to me. I just hope you do not start hearing stories like this more often when people see they can make 18k off something like this.

my guess is there was a harpoon, and a bank check waiting...... disgusting.... one of my dreams has been to swim with one of these magnificent creatures; and this reeks of violation