Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltwaterhabits

Spanish Buster

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Got a question about a rod I'm considering having built... Can someone share any info about the blank, All Star 1265, aka Spanish Buster.

I was looking for a rod the would accommodate my Abu Blue Yonder and Chrome Rocket , I unearthed this oldy as a possibility. Any info, thru experience, to share ?

A great rod for throwing metal. I think it was rated 1-3oz with 2 being the sweet spot. A pleasure to fish. Your 6500's will work fine as would 5500's. They are very hard to find for a reason.

John

A great rod for throwing metal. I think it was rated 1-3oz with 2 being the sweet spot. A pleasure to fish. Your 6500's will work fine as would 5500's. They are very hard to find for a reason.

John

Thanks John , if memory serves that rating is just about right. I was very fortunate to come across this blank and even more fortunate to having it being offered. Now I'm really anxious to get it finished up and using it.

Saltheart is my source not only for the blank but also doing the wrapping...... He's already wrapped 3 rods for me over the past 2 years and now he's already doing 2 more and now this one.

ok , you have one congrats !!

as others have said metal , 2oz ; stingsilvers :)

that said i also use mine for plugs .

not the same distance as with a sting silver , bur still works :)

1265 is on my wish list. I started to buy one a few years ago and I ended up having the 1145 (RS) wrapped at the time instead.

I'd like to put a 5000 shimano on it, I bet that would be sweet.

I have a couple 1265's and a couple 1267's I love them you will to. As a matter of fact mine will most likely end up on here dur to the conditions and fee to fish what's left of hatteras island! Looks like I will be going back to freshwater fishing VERY soon. :(

ok , you have one congrats !!

as others have said metal , 2oz ; stingsilvers :)

that said i also use mine for plugs .

not the same distance as with a sting silver , bur still works :)

While I do occasionally throw metal I'm a plug guy at heart, thanks Derf

Spanish Buster; Allstar BESP 1265. It has a rating of 1-3 oz. and the sweet spot is 2 oz. It's more parabolic than most Allstars but I prefer that action for plugs. For metal I like a faster action. I have an Abu 6500 CS mag on mine. It doesn't see much use these days since I prefer to plug with spinning but it's a great blank. Some day I'll get around to building a spinner.

Saltheart built many Allstars so he's familiar with that blank.