Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LiquidSmokeBXNYC

Doomsday Preppers

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Just watched 2 episodes of this crap.

Now i'm waiting for the "ish to hit the fan" like everyone on there said it would.

So, 1st you get a person(s) who has convinced themself that the worlds going to end their way.

Whether it be a global financial crash, earthquakes, Power grid failure, Terrorists or Volcanos...

They show their methods and plans for survival.

Then experts analyze their survival strategies.

The experts give them kudos on what they've done correctly. Then they show them their shortcomings.

But the best is when they analyze the likelyhood of any of their world ending scenarios.

Which have all turned out to be highly unlikely.. 2 in a million type odds

So i sat through watching some super prepared but equally delusional people.

Shows worth the watch..if only for kicks

I love how they exhibit unfit families with loaded pantries and gun armories for tomorrow's unknown apocalypse

but are suffice to live like crap today in a shipping crate..:shock::shock::shock::shock:

haha I watched it as well... how about the guy who was gonna walk and eat salads to survive... what ailment do you think he was prescribed marijuana for? Or the girl who supposedly trained 4 hours a day 6 days a week, but couldnt walk 10 miles or reload a weapon.... :squid:

gotta love crazy, I think Im gonna start "preparing" for the eminent invasion of hippie commies..... :D

My guess is that the producers air mostly the incompetent, border line low lives that they found, and leave the sane ones edited on the cutting room floor. Idiots & boobs are watchable; normal folks are snoozers. Still, better to be prepared for the worse, and hope for the best, than be caught unprepared with nothing but your thumb up your ass, should a worse case scenario, however remote, perchance come to pass. But I suppose in the Nanny State at least half of the population is only prepared to sit on their fat, complacent asses, and wait for the government to bail them out. Woe is them. Anybody remember Katrina? :huh:...:squid:

I don't get Nat Geo on my cable, so I didn't get to view it. But I wish I did, and had. :squid:

My guess is that the producers air mostly the incompetent, border line low lives that they found, and leave the sane ones edited on the cutting room floor. Idiots & boobs are watchable; normal folks are snoozers. Still, better to be prepared for the worse, and hope for the best, than be caught unprepared with nothing but your thumb up your ass, should a worse case scenario, however remote, perchance come to pass. But I suppose in the Nanny State at least half of the population is only prepared to sit on their fat, complacent asses, and wait for the government to bail them out. Woe is them. Anybody remember Katrina? :huh:...:squid:

I don't get Nat Geo on my cable, so I didn't get to view it. But I wish I did, and had. :squid:

You have to take what you can from the show. There was some crazy over the top people, but the chance of a spike in gas prices where people can’t afford to drive to work is real. The bad guys going crazy and taking what they want from those that aren’t prepared to defend themselves is real. It doesn’t take much for the a-holes to go off. They showed what happened in LA (I think…I’m not a sports fan) when the Lakers won. As soon as the first garbage can is thrown through a store front window the mob mentality kicks in and all hell breaks loose. Rioting, burning, and looting. Add hunger to the mix and anything can happen.

Huge solar EMP and galatic alignment occurring simultaneously wiped out the dinosaurs the last time they converged. And, they are set to occur together in the near future. It's true. Look it up (on the internet). Be afraid. Be very afraid. There is no meaningful way to prepare. All the bullets and beans in Indiana can't save you.

Eyes melt, Skin explodes, Everbody Dead!

I was amazed by the older couple who had everything ready for Doomsday....except weapons.

They didn't believe in them.

When the *** hits the fan their house is my first stop.

You have to take what you can from the show. There was some crazy over the top people, but the chance of a spike in gas prices where people can’t afford to drive to work is real. The bad guys going crazy and taking what they want from those that aren’t prepared to defend themselves is real. It doesn’t take much for the a-holes to go off. They showed what happened in LA (I think…I’m not a sports fan) when the Lakers won. As soon as the first garbage can is thrown through a store front window the mob mentality kicks in and all hell breaks loose. Rioting, burning, and looting. Add hunger to the mix and anything can happen.

See- that's why you make damn sure you're the first one to toss the trash can.

Didn't you people see the Road Warrior?

Huge solar EMP and galatic alignment occurring simultaneously wiped out the dinosaurs the last time they converged. And, they are set to occur together in the near future. It's true. Look it up (on the internet). Be afraid. Be very afraid. There is no meaningful way to prepare. All the bullets and beans in Indiana can't save you.

Eyes melt, Skin explodes, Everbody Dead!

I'm pretty sure I could sell that to at least 7 out of the 10 people I work with. :D

I was amazed by the older couple who had everything ready for Doomsday....except weapons.

They didn't believe in them.

When the *** hits the fan their house is my first stop.

yea...there just not seeing the whole picture.they still think people are going to ring the door bell.Some one better bring some G&A to the party.