Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guitarfreek10

help???

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

alright i dont know if i should post this here or in the bst im looking to find someone who would be willing to make a deal for some pencil popper blanks that have been turned and sealed. they dont need to be drilled out i can do that but i am unable to seal them myself.

I don't have the ability to get you the popper blanks, but if sealing is the problem, one medium size jar (pickle, peanut butter, etc) + a 50/50 mix of spar urethane and mineral spirits + 30 minute soak will do the trick. Priming with a sealer primer will add another layer of protection. Hopefully this helps.

Probably makes the most sense to seal a blank after it has been drilled out. BST might be your best bet as this is a no selling forum and deals aren't allowed via PM. If you have tails or metals (etc) you make, and want to trade, the lure builders trade forum is a good place to go.

Good luck!

Sealing after drilling, cause think of it this way. If you soak the blank the sealer is not only coating the outside of the plug but everywhere where there is an opening will seal as well. Depending on soak time, (For me its 3-4 hours) eventually the plug will be sealed through and through from the outside in and the inside out.

If not a pickle jar, just go to Homies and get a gallon paint can, that will soak most plugs easily