Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lurejunkie00

love my bombers but

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

It seems around this part of the state the only ones in that size are black. Nothing wrong with that but other colors are sometimes better. If I do have to buy the ones with the 3 hooks I take the middle one off and use it on another bomber with a bad hook.

i never had as much luck with the wind cheaters, there are a lot of colors available, just not at the big box stores.  taking off the midddle hook , well i just don't like the spacing

i get bomber a-salt minnows for $6.00 ea.  i haven't seen daiwa's for anything close.  i like to use a lure that i can afford to replace if i loose it.  i use very few wood lures and don't have any daiwa's

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurejunkie00 View Post

i get bomber a-salt minnows for $6.00 ea.  i haven't seen daiwa's for anything close.  i like to use a lure that i can afford to replace if i loose it.  i use very few wood lures and don't have any daiwa's

SP minnows 8.99 in stratford.  Pretty reasonable.

There are times when they work better and you can really launch them.

GOT BOMBERS !!! All brand new for this year. Got a little of everything from16a-17j long a magnum and broken back, wind cheater and a-salt. ohh and i found short $ walkers at walmart for $3 each so i still had some coin left for better trebles..

now that the a-salt is here i wont buy another 16a.  i hate 3 hook lures, plus the a-salt despite being shorter weighs 1/8 oz more. what a great lure.

Just take the middle hook off.

put a 4X vmc treble of one size larger on the front, remove the middle, and put a single dressed siwash on the tail and the 16a becomes a far better lure than the a-salt . lose the rear hook altogether and it wags its tail on the surface like a champ and still dives beautifully - this is the only way I like to jointed 16a's :th: