Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vinny

Hey GMA, Tell Us About the Snook

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

I think GMA, Ulua and Caranx should meet for a fling somewhere even more exotic than the places they fish now (Ummm, too hard). How about a fling near Kodiak and fish for huge halibut. I will like to see those pictures.

An advance of snook... Tomorrow I will write about snook for you, a promise

P010.jpg

------------------

"The Gods will not subtract from the years allotted to the life of each man, those hours that he devoted to fishing".

"Los dioses no rebajarán de los años predestinados a la vida de cada hombre las horas dedicadas a la pesca"

CR1.gif

Here's the current world record 57 lb 12 oz snook that my friend caught in Quepos, Costa Rica in August 1991. I had the honor of gaffing this awesome fish. It more than doubles my personal best of 26 pounds that I caught in Ft Lauderdale, FL...

record.jpg

Gamakatsu...It seems to me by the tackle that the snook was caught trolling?

Very impressive fish. I have caught some big ones and lately I weighed one of 36 lbs. I have seen snook over 60 lbs but unfortunatelly they were not caught by sport fishing tackle. My blood boils every time I see or hear of a snook over 50 lbs gill netted

Sergio

Like sands through the hourglass, so does GMA try men's minds...he makes me wholly inadequate with all those large fish.

Maybe it's because I have a small...ummm...hook, yeah, I mean hook...I need a larger hook!!

[This message has been edited by JPL (edited 11-13-2001).]

No, no, no. It is not the size of the hook, but the size of your worm. Are you using a garden worm, blood worm, night crawler, sandworm, or you using an eel. Personally, I have been striking out lately, partly because I am using an eel similar in size ot the one that was culled at the Fling. Seems like the size just scares tehm all away!!

Sergio, he caught the fish casting a Rapala Magnum from a boat into a school of herring at the mouth of the Rio Naranjo. We had been trolling but I had a 10 pounder on at the time and he couldn't resist casting into the school of bait. I caught some very nice sized fish when I was there this past August using live mullet from land, but nothing like that.

Gadwall, I'd gladly wear those pink shorts to have one night with his ex-girlfriend...LOL

Gamakatsu:

Impressive fish, congratulations again to your friend. All Tackle Record is All Tackle Record.

_________________________________________ ___

This is my friend José Ml brenes with his World Record 55 lbs 8 oz in the 12 lbs line category. Totally Surf Fishing in Parrita River Mouth. Graphite Rod 6´6" , Ambassadeur Abu Garcia 6500 Reel. Lure: Bomber Flair Hair Jig

c200.jpg

c23.jpg

fl.jpg

------------------

"The Gods will not subtract from the years allotted to the life of each man, those hours that he devoted to fishing".

"Los dioses no rebajarán de los años predestinados a la vida de cada hombre las horas dedicadas a la pesca"

CR1.gif

[This message has been edited by Grandmaster Angler (edited 11-14-2001).]

I ain't a grouch. I just hate a braggart, notice how he just had to show his buddies snook picture and certificate again?

I'm trying to be good so please leave my name out of the creepy guy's posts.

Ulua and Caranx I like smile.gif