Your best Penn related picture

PENN Fishing

I wasnt even born then :shock:;)

Tony

My time spent there was short but I learned alot and had a great time with the employee's and the different gatherings I went to including charter fishing trips and the picnic / baseball game between the two factorys back then.. A couple guys that I remember were Walt and Blood that worked on the line with me..

These gold-plated spacers were a pretty hot item when we were making these reels, just short of armed guards had control over them and when they were being put together on the belt alot of eyes were on us...

Fishing on the Gulf State Park Pier in Orange Beach, AL... a monarch butterfly decided to land on my 706z. Couldn't resist snapping a photo and it turned out amazing!

Pretty awesome to think about the fact that this was probably its last stop before crossing the Gulf of Mexico on its migration South!

706z1.jpg

My time spent there was short but I learned alot and had a great time with the employee's and the different gatherings I went to including charter fishing trips and the picnic / baseball game between the two factorys back then.. A couple guys that I remember were Walt and Blood that worked on the line with me..

These gold-plated spacers were a pretty hot item when we were making these reels, just short of armed guards had control over them and when they were being put together on the belt alot of eyes were on us...

Tommy, AKA "blood" is still working here at Penn. Pushing 40 years now :shock:

Good afternoon........I'll PM you a copy of the Penn archive that we have on hand. It lists all the reels and rods ,dates of manufacture....ratings....etc.

Tom

I'd like to have that info too. Just the reels will do for me if it's easier. I have

A dozen greenies of different models I'd like to know about.

Thanks,

Jim.

"All those castles made of sand,return to the sea, eventually" - Jimi