Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Free Haircut

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

---------------

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber went to open his shop the next morning there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later a cop comes in for a haircut and when he tries to pay his bill the barber again replied 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop.

The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you ' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill the barber again replied 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Congressman was very happy and left the shop.

The next morning when the barber went to open up there were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut. :wave:

----------------

The reality is even worse...the dozen Congressmen waiting for their free haircut would each have 50% of their constituents in line with them for their free haircuts - and the barber would have to charge the other 50% double for their hair cuts so he could afford to give free haircuts to the "entitled" folks :th:

Yes, it's a joke, it's not a true story or a "lie" - but it makes the point :)

TimS

Who here supports/would support New Hampshire House Bill 446?  The bill eliminates licensing by the state for barbers, cosmetologists, and Massage "therapists (legal prostitutes)", and tanning "technicians".  People would be free to engage in these businesses without paying some bizarre tribute to the state for the privilege.

I would.

Commerce between two adults doesn't need government interference..

It will be interesting to watch if the sanitary standards for barbers will be upheld without the strong arm of the law enforcing them, or will NH be the 'Head Lice State"

Who here supports/would support New Hampshire House Bill 446?  The bill eliminates licensing by the state for barbers, cosmetologists, and Massage "therapists (legal prostitutes)", and tanning "technicians".  People would be free to engage in these businesses without paying some bizarre tribute to the state for the privilege.

Massage 'therapists" are legal prostitutes?

Would the bill eliminate the underlying requirements as well the license and fee?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_M View Post

Massage 'therapists" are legal prostitutes?

Would the bill eliminate the underlying requirements as well the license and fee?

I've never had a massage, and I doubt I ever will.  but what would be the reason other than a happy ending?

There will be no state mandated requirements.  I guess it would behoove you to learn how to cut hair if you want to stay in business for any length of time.

I just learned the scam here.  If you want to work in a beauty parlor in New Hampshire, you are required by law to attend state approved schools and spend approximately 1500 hours between school and some BS apprenticeship (to cut frickin hair), and your time in school runs around 12 thousand dollars  That nothing short of a scam.  I would suspect that the regulatory people are skimming off the top, wouldn't you?

I see this as cruel people taking advantage of young uninformed girls who don't know any better.  Sick.

The congressman is from Sunapee and he is as straight faced on this subject as can be.  He claims this is the only reason he ran, and when he gets it passed he is going to end his political career.  I am impressed

I've never had a massage, and I doubt I ever will.  but what would be the reason other than a happy ending?

There will be no state mandated requirements.  I guess it would behoove you to learn how to cut hair if you want to stay in business for any length of time.

I just learned the scam here.  If you want to work in a beauty parlor in New Hampshire, you are required by law to attend state approved schools and spend approximately 1500 hours between school and some BS apprenticeship (to cut frickin hair), and your time in school runs around 12 thousand dollars  That nothing short of a scam. 

I see this as cruel people taking advantage of young uninformed girls who don't know any better.  Sick.

The congressman is from Sunapee and he is as straight faced on this subject as can be.  He claims this is the only reason he ran, and when he gets it passed he is going to end his political career.  I am impressed

Massage therapists that give happy endings are found on craigslist and work for free. All they ask is for a donation in roses.

"I would suspect that the regulatory people are skimming off the top, wouldn't you?"

The schools make payments to congressmen and/or state employees in the Department of Health?

So what about a dentist? Should they be regulated and licensed by the state?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_M View Post

Massage therapists that give happy endings are found on craigslist and work for free. All they ask is for a donation in roses.

"I would suspect that the regulatory people are skimming off the top, wouldn't you?"

The schools make payments to congressmen and/or state employees in the Department of Health?

So what about a dentist? Should they be regulated and licensed by the state?

Considering the legislature in NH is about to put them out to actually fend for themselves, I would find it hard to believe that they are not sending the bag men to Concord.  I am sure you would agree.

My politics aside, an argument might be made that a dentist would have to show some proficiency.  A dentist can easily kill you. (I would prefer to see all that accreditation done privately, and there are good solutions to get it done.)

We are talking about putting paint on fingernails, putting a slice of cucumber on your eyes, or grabbing a wad of your hair and lopping it off with a pair of scissors.  I just heard some beauty parlor employee rambling on about the "dangerous" chemicals they need to be trained on for use in coloring hair.  I can purchase hair color chemicals at the Market Basket and apply them myself, why is that?

You are in no more danger walking into a beauty parlor than you are a Home Depot, and everybody knows it.

If this became law where you live, would you feel that your well being would be endangered by going to your barber for a haircut?

Ya know its a little bitty topic in a big ferked up world.  But it says a LOT about how we choose to govern our lives.

Try a 'real' Massage sometime. Think of it as an 'Educational Experience'. You might be surprised with how you feel after.

Try a 'real' Massage sometime. Think of it as an 'Educational Experience'. You might be surprised with how you feel after.

I've had two, and felt icky both times.

It was bizarre having another woman, not my wife, rubbing my skin.

It was purely clinical. If not for the candles, dimly lit lighting, and mood music.

I wasn't aroused, and don't mean to intimate that uncomfortableness was due to my masseuse being turned on my this hunk of man fat on her table, because, that would clearly not be the case.

It just make me feel icky.

I immediately went home and confessed to my wife.

She laughed at me.

Speaking politicians and free haircuts... Did you know that Barbicide (that blue stuff they soak the combs in) was written into law in many states giving the company a monopoly by mandate?

Just a little fun fact

:v:

Considering the legislature in NH is about to put them out to actually fend for themselves, I would find it hard to believe that they are not sending the bag men to Concord.  I am sure you would agree.

My politics aside, an argument might be made that a dentist would have to show some proficiency.  A dentist can easily kill you. (I would prefer to see all that accreditation done privately, and there are good solutions to get it done.)

We are talking about putting paint on fingernails, putting a slice of cucumber on your eyes, or grabbing a wad of your hair and lopping it off with a pair of scissors.  I just heard some beauty parlor employee rambling on about the "dangerous" chemicals they need to be trained on for use in coloring hair.  I can purchase hair color chemicals at the Market Basket and apply them myself, why is that?

You are in no more danger walking into a beauty parlor than you are a Home Depot, and everybody knows it.

If this became law where you live, would you feel that your well being would be endangered by going to your barber for a haircut?

Ya know its a little bitty topic in a big ferked up world.  But it says a LOT about how we choose to govern our lives.

That's a remarkably sensible position in your usually black and white world. :th:

Yeah I suppose that hair cutters and massage therapists should be able to operate w/out govt supervision, but I guarantee there would be some crappy haircuts and dye jobs around. :argue:

I've had two, and felt icky both times.

It was bizarre having another woman, not my wife, rubbing my skin.

It was purely clinical. If not for the candles, dimly lit lighting, and mood music.

I wasn't aroused, and don't mean to intimate that uncomfortableness was due to my masseuse being turned on my this hunk of man fat on her table, because, that would clearly not be the case.

It just make me feel icky.

I immediately went home and confessed to my wife.

She laughed at me.

It's supposed to be pleasant, relaxing, and/or therapeutic - it's not all about the wood.