Who had grandparents they hated?

Rate this topic

Brian

:wave: I had one- the others were either dead when I was born or died shortly thereafter. That last one was a real bitch though- she hated me because I was my father's kid and I hated her, well, because she was a ****.

I did throw an ice cream cone at her though when I was around 5 or so.

A whiter shade of pale....

She wasn't grammy or gramma or mom-mom. She's was my mother's biological mother (I still call her that to this day to my mother) and she was a Class-A bitch. Some great stories have been written about her- look them up at the library: the authors' last names were Grimm.

A whiter shade of pale....

I only had one grandparent when I was born. She was close to 70 before I was old enough to know who she was, and didn't speak very much English. How could anyone hate a little old Eyetie nonna who made home made goodies, and gave me and my sister a half dollar coin to buy ice cream whenever she left after a visit?

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditch Jigger View Post

I only had one grandparent when I was born. She was close to 70 before I was old enough to know who she was, and didn't speak very much English. How could anyone hate a little old Eyetie nonna who made home made goodies, and gave me and my sister a half dollar coin to buy ice cream whenever she left after a visit?

Did she throw piles of cheese on her clam sauce?

Ordinary ****ing people - I hate 'em.

My father's father didn't attend the wedding because my dad married a Catholic girl.

I barely remember him, but by all accounts he was a bastard. Thanks god my dad took after his mom who was a sweetheart.

Miss you dad. :kiss:

Banned in Florida

had a grandfather on my moms side I didnt know until I was probably 10 or so, but my mom and grandmom hide their dislike for him and let him be part of my life. I was young and didnt know all the history so I loved him. He was part of my life until he died a few years ago.

my other grandparents couldnt have been better people, parents, and grandparents...grandmother died when i was a freshman in college and my grandfater a year later...met my wife when she was my girlfriend, but never got to meet my kids...

My mom's mom was a piece of crap. After the death of my mother she stole items of my mom's that were very valuable and didn't attend the funeral because she said she didn't care she was dead. Incredibly this woman is still alive(103 yrs old) she's the devil.....

"Dont elect a scumbag, no riots, so easy even the alt right should be able to figure it out." - numbnuts

My father's father didn't attend the wedding because my dad married a Catholic girl.

I barely remember him, but by all accounts he was a bastard. Thanks god my dad took after his mom who was a sweetheart.

Miss you dad. :kiss:

when my mother and father got married, neither side would mix at the wedding, irish catholic and irish protestant. as they tell the story, there were nearly a couple of fights....

neither my grandmother/grandfather or grandmother cared, but everyone else did...