Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeBlue

Emblem Shot LRB

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I am looking for an alternative to the Tica Scepter and have a question about the Emblem Shot line roller bearing. In another thread where this reel was mentioned someone said that the line roller bearing was plastic and did not work very well. I went to the Daiwa website and looked on the parts breakout, it shows two collars on either side of the line roller, that's it. I went to the breakout for the new Emblem Pro A and saw the exact same setup with the same parts numbers. Do these two reels have bearings or sleeves in their line rollers. Thanks.

There must be someone here with a new Emblem Pro A who has looked at the line roller, does it have bearings or some kind of plastic bushings?

I have one.

The very first thing I tried to do when I got it ,was to try to take apart the assembly and have a look.

The screw holding it together was hopelessly seized out of the box. Others have reported the same problem with the Pro A and Saltist too.

I'm sure they just have those plastic collars, when mine crap out I'll force the screw and hope for the best. I'd like to retrofit a bearing like many do with the Saltist.

I noticed that the Pro-A has a manual bail, while the Daiwa website claims that the Shot has an automatic bail.  Can you manually close the Shot's bail, also?  Or is it strictly auto like an old Penn 704? 

I'd like to invest in either the Pro or the Shot, but I cast with braid on most of my reels (except for my ancient Daiwa 8600) and a manual bail is crucial. 

The bail on the shot is automatic, but it stays open pretty well.. I've been flipping mine manually and haven't snapped off a plug yet (Knock on wood)

Plug & Teaser

This is a late post guys but the screw you are referring to that you can't move is treated with Loctite so you just can't unscrew it. I found this out from Daiwa as I bought a Daiwa in Japan, got sand in the roller and tried to get the screw out.

This is what they said:

"We are afraid but you are not supposed to service your reel (except

oiling, greasing). Otherwise we can not assure our quality."

Ridiculous I know but that's what they said!

The only way to remove it is to put a screwdriver in the screw head and heat the screwdriver shaft with a lighter. This will transfer heat to the screw, break down the Loctite and then you can get the screw out..

Cheers

Tim

Plug & Teaser

This is a late post guys but the screw you are referring to that you can't move is treated with Loctite so you just can't unscrew it. I found this out from Daiwa as I bought a Daiwa in Japan, got sand in the roller and tried to get the screw out.

This is what they said:

"We are afraid but you are not supposed to service your reel (except

oiling, greasing). Otherwise we can not assure our quality."

Ridiculous I know but that's what they said!

The only way to remove it is to put a screwdriver in the screw head and heat the screwdriver shaft with a lighter. This will transfer heat to the screw, break down the Loctite and then you can get the screw out..

Cheers

Tim

That's ridiculous, the line roller needs oiling far more than any other part that i could think of , to do that effectively you need to loosen it at the very least or take it apart (preffered). Sounds like Daiwa doesn't want anybody to find out it's a cheap sleeve instead of a higher quality ball bearing.

I realize this is from an old thread but, MikeBlue, if you are out there, I would love to hear your

thoughts and or experiences with the tica scepter.  Howd it hld up 4 u?  Thanx