Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Random Giants Speculations and Heresy

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

1. Always nice to see a NY team win, and hating New England is almost as much fun as hating Dallas. Maybe funner even, this past couple of years.

2. Eli Manning was the best QB in the playoffs, but the Giants were also lucky. Wes Welker's dropped pass, one dropped by a Falcons receiver ....

3. The 49ers might've been the best team in the playoffs. That front 7 - yikes. Just as well the QB isn't at Eli's level, but he's not peaked at all.

4. Wild Ass Speculation. If Eli continues to play at this level in the coming season, the Giants might be able to put greener players out sooner then expected, in the not-unreasonable belief that Eli can bail out the team late if needed. The only pick from last year that I recall even hearing about was Prince Amukamara, and how much time on the field did he really get?

5. I'm glad Jacobs got a ring, I really am, but odds are he's not coming back this coming season. If he doesn't, is there enough money in the bonus he would've been due to keep Manningham?

Bonus is only half a million. Manningham is a free agent and will be looking for #1 receiver money.

Go Niners!!! The niners need to address the wide out problem watch the draft, and free agency market they will be busy.

Go Niners!!! The niners need to address the wide out problem watch the draft, and free agency market they will be busy.

Niners need to beat the Cowboys first. The Cowboys will pick up a couple D-backs and will Roll all over the NFC

The Giants are being given next year off. See you in 2014. :wave:

theym ight as well....the patterns is they wont do much the next few years.....until the next run.

Actually, the pattern was win the SB then start out about 11-1 before shooting yourself in the leg....

cool.....so we get to win a playoff game next year too......lol

Niners need to beat the Cowboys first. The Cowboys will pick up a couple D-backs and will Roll all over the NFC

They may have lost to the Cowboys but they sure broke them for the rest of the season. Aldon Smith still needs to finish off Romo's ribs or will the boys be drafting a winning QB

1. Always nice to see a NY team win, and hating New England is almost as much fun as hating Dallas. Maybe funner even, this past couple of years.

2. Eli Manning was the best QB in the playoffs, but the Giants were also lucky. Wes Welker's dropped pass, one dropped by a Falcons receiver ....

3. The 49ers might've been the best team in the playoffs. That front 7 - yikes. Just as well the QB isn't at Eli's level, but he's not peaked at all.

4. Wild Ass Speculation. If Eli continues to play at this level in the coming season, the Giants might be able to put greener players out sooner then expected, in the not-unreasonable belief that Eli can bail out the team late if needed. The only pick from last year that I recall even hearing about was Prince Amukamara, and how much time on the field did he really get?

5. I'm glad Jacobs got a ring, I really am, but odds are he's not coming back this coming season. If he doesn't, is there enough money in the bonus he would've been due to keep Manningham?

ugh, manningham is probably gone.. but then again i felt the exact same way last year when they let Steve Smith go and look how that turned out.

theym ight as well....the patterns is they wont do much the next few years.....until the next run.

Beats having a great run once every 50 years, though.

Giants play as a team

That is clear when you listen to Eli or Cauhlin do interviews,

but even more so when you see how disruptive pima donnas are given the chance to early retire or play for other teams.

And I think that team cohesion shows in that the way they are able to deal with players retiring or getting hurt. Their offensive line has not been very stable nor has their wide receiving corps. Yet they seem to be able to get new guys in the fold very quickly, work out their kinks and exploit their talents.