Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpearoFI

Jeep Cherokee

26 posts in this topic

I have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee and its just a beast in the sand, with the all wheel drive coupled with the fact that its soo light you have to try to get it stuck, it just glides on top of even the softest sand. sucks on gas in the sand, but still better than some 4x4s.

Hard to beat a Jeep Cherokee for the beach. When you consider: price, the striat six motor that last forever, the great auto tranny and drive train, the great ability to drive on the beach, the high undercarraige clearance (very important), and you can conceal and lock your fishing gear inside the vehicle.

The problem is to find one in decent shape (they stopped making them in 2001). I bought a 2000 two years ago in good shape and no rust,had my mechanic go over it and repaired anything he found wrong. So far so good, never got stuck on the beach, starts right up & drives very well.

Thats what I have been hearing, I am trying to find a 2000 or 2001 that is in good condition.. My buddy has a 1997 with 3'' lift and he loves it.

If you are looking for a XJ Cherokee, the boxy style not the Grand Cherokee, then I suggest looking for a '98 or '99 and not a '00 or '01. The last 2 years came with a cylinder head that is prone to cracking. I myself have a '00 and the head is ok but I have heard of a lot of people who have not been so fortunate. I hunted on craigslist for a WHILE before I found mine. I love my XJ,

This^^^^^

I purchased a 98XJ brand new, and then my now-ex wanted one too. Based on how great the 98 was we got a 2000XJ to replace her Suburban.

They were 2 different animals in terms of reliability and repairs. I would try to stay with a 98, as a lot of the 99's and newer had the head problem...ask me how I know...LOL

My 98 lasted much longer than her 2000 w/far fewer repairs over the life of the vehicle.....

[img=2001 XJ with 4.6 Stroker ( http://www.maizekustoms.com/pages/je...oker-build.php ) 3 1/2" Rough Country lift, JCR Roof Rack, Logan Metal Works Bumpers with integrated reciever, Hella 500 lights, Bushwacker Flares, Custom Exhaust with Onix Headers, Air Raid Intake, 26 lb injectors, convertable Fish-N-Mate cooler rack with hitch pin, Linux Bed liner on roof and door trims down to rockers. 10" steel rims with 31" tires, 100 amp Anderson Power connector on front and rear bumpers for Inflator, Bait Pump, Jumper Cables, Winch and inverter.

I Love the Jeep, It could be for sale.

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3096060/width/525/height/394]