Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

Eli vs

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

On sept 17, 2008, Jason campbell was 19-24 with 2 td's and an interception for 257 yards and 113 QB rating.. One game last year Eli threw an interception and even though the giants won becuase they have a good d-line, Campbell is just as good as Eli.. Its very simple.. just look at the stats..

If CAmpbell were on the Giants, he'd have 2 super bowl rings.. simple really..

Eli's contract is too damned expensive. He's causing all kinds of cap trouble for the Giants. They should trade him for Jason Campbell and free up some room under the cap!

Jason will thrive in their system.

if campbell wasnt hurt all the time over the last 2-3 years, his stats would be comparable to Eli's... LOL

If campbell had an offensive line a better defense, receivers and a good running game, they are virutally interchangeable IMHO..

So what if Campbell is the equal of Eli, ability-wise? I doubt he could carry a team like Eli did in spite of all the injuries to key offensive players this year. It's not always about stats but intangibles, handling pressure situations and the ability to make his teammates better. I would venture to say few quarterbacks has ice in his veins like Eli when the pressure is most intense. I never saw Campbell having that.

physically, Ryan Leaf had better skills than Eli.. could throw a ball a coountry mile into a bullseye.. bigger, taller, faster.. yet, where is he??? Its not just your completion percentage and TD to Int ratio.. its about taking a sack and kicking a Fg sometimes.. its about changing out of a bad run call at the line of scrimmage into pass play for postive yardage.. its about changing a protection at the line of scrimamge that gives you a split second more to make a 38 yard pass to Manningham to start off a game winning TD drive to win a super bowl.. AKA intangibles.. to some stat spewing non-know it alls, intangibles dont mean anything.. to me, I likes intangibles.. :)

its not about hitting your TE on check downs all game to have stats almost comparable to Elite QB's!!!

If cambell had the giants offensive* line he'd be Johnny Unitas

* not the actual Giants offensive line that gives up more sacks than the average offensive line, the one I had to make up to justify my posts about Eli