Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surf Guy

Coasters and Clamps

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I'm beginning to plan my next build, a heaver for my son. I want to match an Abu 7500 with a Mud Hole 1502. Here's my dilemma, my son still has a lot of growing to do. Reel placement is going to be a “moving target” for the next 5 years. I’m 6’2” and he’s growing like a weed! Therefore, I’m thinking of using rod clamps or coasters instead of a reel seat. That way, I can adjust the reel placement as he grows.

What do you think??? Also, how should I place the bottom guide, for the “future” reel location or “current”?

Thanks,

George

Due to the slope on the foot of a 7000 it does not work well with coasters. I would opt for one of several sliding reel seats commonly available. plus you can always make one but cutting a Fuji seat and fitting it with a coaster.

Big Dave

I'm liking the idea of the Plate-Type Reel Seat. What's the best method to attach them to the rod? I don't like the idea of taping it on, but I don't want to run the risk of crushing the blank by clamping it onto the pole.

They do make an adjustable reel seat. It slides to where you want to place it and tightens down fore and aft..

Al presents a viable solution also.

I personally fish with coasters with everything. C2