Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Meatball and Sausage Sandwich......

Rate this topic

153 posts in this topic

Susage - fried onions and peppers , no sauce

Frank

Yeah well, while my preference as well, both the meatballs and sausage are leftover from Saturday's pasta already in sauce, so.......

Well, it was actually quite good, one of the better I've had in awhile. Home-made sauce (using the last of the frozen tomatoes from the garden), a couple of home-made meatballs, and a spicy hot sausage. Couple slices of provolone on the bottom of the roll, the meatballs, sausage, and sauce, then another couple slices of provolone on top. In the oven a few minutes to melt the cheese, and then yum.

As was mentioned, biggest issue is always the bread/roll.....aside from the quality of the sub rolls they make up here falling quite short, the size of them is always an issue. Had to settle for a "grinder" roll from the self serve case in Stop and Shop, and it is not quite long enough at about 6". A full loaf of their Italian bread is too big both width and length (and I have would have had no use for the rest of it), and the French bread they have is just too skinny to make a decent sub (and again, would have had no use for the rest of it.) They do sell foot long grinder rolls of about the right size, but they are 6 to a package, and once again, I have no use for the rest of them...so............

As was mentioned, biggest issue is always the bread/roll......
Bake your own.

As far as buying too much and having left over:

Bread Crumbs.

Croutons.

Stuffing.

Feed the birds.

Plan your meals in advance and nothing goes to waste.

Bake your own.

As far as buying too much and having left over:

Bread Crumbs.

Croutons.

Stuffing.

Feed the birds.

Plan your meals in advance and nothing goes to waste.

Figured SOMEONE was gonna say that.................sometimes there just isn't time to do it.

As to leftovers..neither Donna nor I are big bread eaters, and we don't have kids to feed it to...Stuffing? I make it MAYBE twice a year.....Bread crumbs? I have more right now that were made from leftover bread ends and such than I know what to do with........so, let's see, $0.65 for a single roll, albeit a bit too small for what I really want, or $3.50+ for a pack of six so that 5/6 of it will feed the birds. Perhaps you have dollar bills to just throw out the window, but I don't.....;).

Seems to be there should be a big enough market for Stop and Shop to sell single 12" grinder rolls for a buck, buck and a half.