Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

They're still crawlin'

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Isn't it easier and faster to put them in a bucket or something like that rather than letting them crawl home????

Just askin!!!!!!!!!

Bernie, I've actually seen him try and walk them on a leash before :laugh: He's sick I tell ya!

Just curious, but when was the last time you saw any cod (if ever) in those traps.

I haven't seen a cod in my traps in over 30 years. Prior to that, it was a pretty common occurance. It was pretty cool to go check your traps in mid winter and come back with lobsters and a couple of 3-5lb cod.

Does the water temp Have an affect on lobsters? Just wondering if this is an above average year due to the mild winter.

Yea, it does. Ordinarily, they shut down almost totally from Jan-late Feb b/c the water temps put them in a form of hibernation. But this winter being so warm, they're right on the cusp. They remained active all winter and will likely remain so right into spring at this point.

.............. They remained active all winter and will likely remain so right into spring at this point.

..............and I suppose this means most of us must endure even more pictures of your "deadly" harvest in the months ahead. :dismay:

Spare us.....a lobster is a lobster is a lobster.....seen one, then you've seen them all. Spare us the agony, Bob G. :snr:

..............and I suppose this means most of us must endure even more pictures of your "deadly" harvest in the months ahead. :dismay:

Spare us.....a lobster is a lobster is a lobster.....seen one, then you've seen them all. Spare us the agony, Bob G. :snr:

Joe,

Just keep in mind, on SOL, it isn't mandatory that you read my posts. You can skip it over. The benefits will be twofold. You'll spare yourself the agony, and in turn, we'll all be happy in the knowledge that you're a happy man.