Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stripercrazy

no lead pig and jigs or spinnerbaits, jigheads

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

wow thats big....i'm gona have to buy new stuff:shock:

If you have lead spinner baits I do beleive that they are OK to use,the only lead banned is sinkers or lead poured around a hook (jig heads & shad darts) weighing less than 1 oz.

If you have lead spinner baits I do beleive that they are OK to use,the only lead banned is sinkers or lead poured around a hook (jig heads & shad darts) weighing less than 1 oz.

My standard reply is: If a loon eats a lost football jig with a 2/0 hook, that bird has more to worry about than lead poisoning.

Oh, by the way, I was in Walmart the other day and they had an enormous supply of illegal lead fishing stuff on their shelves. If someone drops a dime on them, will they be arrested for selling illegal items?

Oh, by the way, I was in Walmart the other day and they had an enormous supply of illegal lead fishing stuff on their shelves. If someone drops a dime on them, will they be arrested for selling illegal items?

Haha, :D It's not illegal to sell it or possess lead, just cant use it...!

Thats why it will be tough to enforce, The way the law is written still allows you to have it in your tackle box. They will have to see you actually fishing with it to write a ticket.

Hopefully they dont wise up and realize all the common loons hang out in the coastal waters all winter long :shock:

Somebody else told me that too about the Ware Wal Mart and I looked and all of their sinkers said either steel or lead substitute and the clerk told me that they haven't sold lead for quite a while :huh:

Does anyone make a non lead jig? I've seen the worm weights but can't find jigs. Not even in the fishing catalogs.

Ron Porier (Ronz) make a tin jig head, not sure about the sizes though but in any case be prepared to part with some serouse money!