Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LndlckdinID

Custom Abu 5500...

17 posts in this topic

This baby has sat unused for nearly five years It's a sweet, sweet reel.

www.stripersonline.com/t/402759/custom-5500-mag-reel

I think it's loaded with #20 suffix. I cast it twice in 5 years. Somehow, it acquired a scratch on the left sideplate. Serial # on bottom of foot: 040105

$135. Paypal, please

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3065543/width/600/height/338]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3065546/width/600/height/338]

Bummer, the link isn't working. Who's distance cast mag set-up is installed and who provided the work? Lastly, could I have the serial number off the foot please?

Fixed the link. Even more info there. I bought it from Thumb Burner a number of years ago. Mag adjustment by Chris Macy in the UK. I'll check the serial # when i get home tonight...

Fixed the link. Even more info there. I bought it from Thumb Burner a number of years ago. Mag adjustment by Chris Macy in the UK. I'll check the serial # when i get home tonight...

Man,old Thumb Burner always has the best stuff. :)

TB's description: "right sideplate is pewter color from a 5500 CS.. handle is a new quantum handle.. a little larger than the abu's.. has 6.3:1 gears.... gold spool... adjustable mag conversion was done by chris macey in the UK.. the left sideplate is a chrome 75th anniversary sideplate..."

Not to be insulting but I will offer 100.00 m/ o

Thanks

John

Not insulted, but I think I'm going to let it ride for a little while longer. I refuse to believe this reel's value deflated 30% in 5 years due to one scratch and a couple of casts... :p

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0