Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth Cliff

editing posts

5 posts in this topic

If Im selling a bunch of items can I just delete them as they are sold to make it easier to see whats left? Or should I leave the post as is? It would be easier to delete them as they are sold to keep track of whats left, but if thats against the rules I need to know..thanks

Just edit your post to show an item has been sold. See example:

1. Shimano Stella 5000 $50.00 PayPal, shipped.

Edited to:

Sold- 1. Shimano Stella 5000 $50.00 PayPal shipped.

And yes, it is against the rules to remove any items from your listing.

I suspect the master user settings were recently adjusted. Weeks ago you could edit anytime after posting, right now the edit option disappears 24 hours after your initial post. Unless you edit in a "sold" within 24 hours and the thread is being closed soon after, you risk muddling up an open thread if part is edited in the original posting and later stuff is updated in the thread. I try and keep it all one way or the other.

If the thread is eligible to be closed within 24 hours, I edit. If part of a lot is sold but still active with unsold/untraded items, I re post in the thread with an update of whats available and whats sold + other relevant information (price changes etc.). Cuts down on any confusion for me as occasionally long drawn out threads can get somewhat foggy and you never know if its going to last an hour or a week.