Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomolalla

Parts still coming?

3 posts in this topic

I'm just getting into buying vintage Penn spinning reels, like 6500ss, 550ss and 450ss.  I'm a little worried about parts supply.  

Will Penn keep making parts for these older reels or will I have to buy and scrap old ones some day?  

I'm just getting into buying vintage Penn spinning reels, like 6500ss, 550ss and 450ss.  I'm a little worried about parts supply.  

Will Penn keep making parts for these older reels or will I have to buy and scrap old ones some day?  

Good morning......as Penn moves into new products, the parts department does try to keep in stock a lot of the older parts (Spinning,conventional and International) . We still stock parts for reels that have been discontinued but as in any business,they become less and less as time goes by. What I can say is that if certain parts are not available to service older reels,we always have our Exchange Program to lean on also. This program has been in effect for the last few years to give the Penn customer an oppurtunity to exchange/trade in their older equipment that cannot be serviced any longer.Reel for reel, a customer can exchange a older reel and recieve a very nice discount on a refurbished or new Penn reel.If you have any questions at all, please feel free to send off a email for more information.

Take care and sit back and relax.......it's Super Bowl Sunday..................Tom ;)

I was not aware of the trade in program, that's a good idea. Unfortunately, i cant see trading in a 706 for anything in your current line up, its a great idea for many other models though.