Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hotfishgirl

fish duxbury bridge in the winter??

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

thought about it many times over the years, i hear some have got winter flounder (fluke?). but have never tried personally. i have a few deepwater drops up here on the s.s. that i can get some. once an a blue moon

more power to ya, let me know how you make out. i just bought some new braid and plugs today that i want to try. im dyeing to go. worse part is that i have a real pretty 21' cruiser sitting in my driveway just itching to go out. lol. any luck on the boat search? or waiting for better funds?

I was out there last 50 degree day. No bites but there was some small bait. I went around 1630 with a high i think around 1815. Felt good to get out though! The rumors of flounder being there are true, two years ago I saw a man pull one up on clams. hi lo rig. good luck!

more power to ya, let me know how you make out. i just bought some new braid and plugs today that i want to try. im dyeing to go. worse part is that i have a real pretty 21' cruiser sitting in my driveway just itching to go out. lol. any luck on the boat search? or waiting for better funds?

I decided to save another year and buy something new with a warranty next year since i am not overly handy.I am looking at kayaks though and may get one soon.

I decided to save another year and buy something new with a warranty next year since i am not overly handy.I am looking at kayaks though and may get one soon.

dont blame you here, my cruiser is a 89' has a (was brand new in 09' bought with less then 10 hrs on motor) 4.3 mercruiser but i had to pull it to replace a bunch of parts.boats worth $10,000 i picked up for 1500 and put about 1000 into it so i cant complain. yet atleast. yea i been looking into kayaks also for those spots where ya just cant walk to or take the big guy out to

not sure what you might catch... I have heard that cod used to be caught off the beach, high pines area. Off green harbor jetty was a cod spot one too i read.

be interestering to take a boat out with a fish finder to see if you can mark any fish.....

I tried out my new light tackle outfit at a trout/salmon pond few weeks ago. very pleased. going to try more light tackle this year.

there are holdovers in many locations I bet. I saw a pic of the 2 caught in chatham last week, they looked well fed... find some bait, most likely fish around....

i caught many in sandwich 6-7 years ago, was incredible.

there are holdovers in many locations I bet. I saw a pic of the 2 caught in chatham last week, they looked well fed... find some bait, most likely fish around....

i caught many in sandwich 6-7 years ago, was incredible.

That same guy brought 2 more in the next day. Those fish certainly did look well fed. Heard he realese some others too. I would assume they're in Dux bay too, just never heard of anyone fishing there in the winter.

Well its true there are hold overs there.Caught a 22 incher on a jig with squid on it.On a bad note i was Frigin Freezing and i felt dizzy it was so cold.It took a long warm bath when i got home to feel normal again.

1 and done? might have been many more around. I hear ya on the cold, wind there blows right through you!

glad to hear you succeeded. Id like to venture out this week. The jones river area I hear is another place to try~