Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Super Bowl XLII vs Super Bowl XLVI

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

In XLII the Pats played for immortality. Had they won, there would be few arguments over whether Brady, that team or Belichick were the best that ever were. In the 4th quarter they proved it. Brady drove the offense for the go ahead score. He won the game. They were the best ever. Then the Giants won the game. The Giants beat the best team, qb and coach that ever were.

And now they go again. If the Patriots win, Brady has 4 rings. Belichick has 4 with the Patriots. They can crow.

But if they lose......

They are forever the Giant's Bitches.

Not really, lol. But you can believe what you want. We're talking about close games too btw, not blowouts. I think both teams are evenly matched.

Evenly matched teams that know each other like bad-blood cousins. A blowout isn't in the cards, this will be decided by the last play of the game - and possibly that in O.T.

If the Giants can run on the Patriots, a definite maybe perhaps, I think they win. If it's a shootout the Patriots do. IMHO.

..... related thought: I can't write "shootout" without thinking of Dolphins/Jets games when Marino and O'Brien were playing.

With all Brady has accomplished, if he does not win tomorrow Brady is the Giants' bitch -- Forever.

And no. Somehow, I think when Brady goes home to his giant mansion and super model wife....he'll be okay, lol. Do you have any idea of how much Brady has accomplished as a player already? He has gotten a LOT done with a lot less than other teams have. He had a great year with a lot of bad players and the Pats are in the Super Bowl no less.....

That alone should make Brady and the Pats proud Sunday, win or lose. They earned the right to be there. The Pats are no ones bitch if you ask me. If they lose, they lose. They can try again soon enough. ;)

That's the fun thing about being in MA. We always have a team in some Playoff or Championship. :th: Cool huh?

And no. Somehow, I think when Brady goes home to his giant mansion and super model wife....he'll be okay, lol. Do you have any idea of how much Brady has accomplished as a player already? He has gotten a LOT done with a lot less than other teams have. He had a great year with a lot of bad players and the Pats are in the Super Bowl no less.....

That alone should make Brady and the Pats proud Sunday, win or lose. They earned the right to be there. The Pats are no ones bitch if you ask me. If they lose, they lose. They can try again soon enough. ;)

That's the fun thing about being in MA. We always have a team in some Playoff or Championship. :th: Cool huh?

Oh, I forgot -- they did beat two teams with winning records so far this year. I guess in MA that makes it a good year. :rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot -- they did beat two teams with winning records so far this year. I guess in MA that makes it a good year. :rolleyes:

Thank God the game is finally going to be played. I have to shake my head and laugh as I am so sick of these whiny little bitch comments about opponents records.... play your effing schedule. Get it???? Or is that too much for you? Be a knowledgable fan and talk mismatches, blocking, running game, defense, receivers, talk about the teams and the game! Not this dribble... If the Giants win, I'll give them credit due a true champion, as I did after their last SB victory. If the Patriots win, I am fully expecting you to be saying they only beat three teams with winning records and handing out asterisks... It would fit your MO.

October being a notable exception in recent years. ;)

October being a notable exception in recent years. ;)

Red Sox are effed right now. Last year was just insulting. Spoiled little girls. The Bruins taking the Cup was all I needed though. Last time they won that, I was in diapers. :D

This is kind of reminding me of the Bills/Giants SB, and the way that I had a hard time getting excited for it. After 25 years of suckage, winning the 86 game was a high. Another appearance 4 years later? I felt like nothing could top the prior one. Lets face it--that wasn't such a great game. Even the ending---it wasn't so much that the Giants won---it was the way that Norwood sent the Bills down in flames that people remember. The game itself was boring as hell. Pound Ottis Anderson inside 20 times or so.

I find it hard to get excited today, because I don't think this game can top 2007.I'm starting to understand what John M is talking about with "style points". Getting to the game, even winning the game, counts for less than how you win the game.

Evenly matched teams that know each other like bad-blood cousins. A blowout isn't in the cards, this will be decided by the last play of the game - and possibly that in O.T.

If the Giants can run on the Patriots, a definite maybe perhaps, I think they win. If it's a shootout the Patriots do. IMHO.

..... related thought: I can't write "shootout" without thinking of Dolphins/Jets games when Marino and O'Brien were playing.

I truly do not believe that is the key to the game. The Giants are going to hang a number of points today. They will have success both throwing and running the ball. The key is can the Giants front 4 bother Tom Brady. If Brady is left to feel comfortable, there's a fair chance the Pats will score on every possession and more or less kick the Giants ass. BUT - if Brady is pressured a lot and thrown off rhythm, then we'll have pretty much a carbon copy of the NE/Ravens game, except the Giants have a better QB...The reason I have better faith in the Patriots if there is a shootout is because for as bad as their defense is, I believe they can hold the Giants out of the endzone and force field goal attempts (some of the times)...where if the Giants front four is ineffective, the NE offense will be in the endzone often