Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fd4mcola

need info on Shakespeare spinning reels 2091 ee and 2071 ee

4 posts in this topic

I have 3 of these reels, was wondering if they have any value, they are in very good shape and seem to be very strong, have fished them and they work well

Looking at the Shakespeare site and finding EE means that they were made in 1966. Flea Bay has the 2071 starting at over $40.00 NIB condition (no bites), other Shakespeare reels used are not selling. Yours being used i would just keep fishin em!! Bubs

They are good reels, largely overlooked. I got a 2091 some time ago that I somehow never got around to using. I finally gave it a try on a couple of trips this past fall. It performed very well, roughly equivalent to a Penn 704. Right now these reels are better off fished rather than collected. Some day people will discover their true value. The freshwater-sized reels in that series like the 2052 and 2062 are great reels too.

I buy them when the price is right. Simple design and tough as nails. Easy to work on, hard to find parts for but they don't break often. Put in some greased carbontex drag washers and fish them.