Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gregorjim

STRIPER BILL VOTED DOWN>.....

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Recieved this news today.........

Fish and Game Commission Votes Against Pursuing Striped Bass Proposal

The California Fish and Game Commission today took final action to reject proposed changes to striped bass regulations.

In a unanimous decision, Commissioners voted not to pursue a proposal that would have changed sport fishing regulations related to anadromous striped bass, including increasing bag limits and decreasing size limits.

The proposal that was introduced by the Department of Fish and Game arose out of a settlement agreement resulting from a 2008 lawsuit. In that lawsuit, the Coalition for a Sustainable Delta, a group of San Joaquin Valley water districts, asserted that striped bass are harming native species, including endangered salmon and Delta smelt.

###

I have to laugh when they call them selves " A coalition for a sustainable delta"....If they cared about the delta , they wouldn't take all the water, thats ruining the delta & our fisheries..Also would like to know where the money is coming from, thats being spent on under ground drilling for the canal southhats a LOT of money to do this project to make mr. Resnick even more rich...I thought this had to be voted on first ? Probably from the old striper stamp money that was used for OTHER things...ALMOST seems you can't trust our politicions at all....Imagine that??................ ANYWAY " one battle at a time "....................Jim....::

Excellent... that is great news Jim....... lots of folks out there to be thanked for getting involed & defeating this bill. down. Thank you to everyone who took the time to make it happen.................. We just need to stay vigilant & make sure those crooks don't try & pull any other nonsense........... Mike

^^^ not to derail too much, but...

Great picture! I can easily make out "Coos Bay" but does that say "82 lb"? eek.gif  Methinks their scales were off back in the day or that is one big fella.

^^^ not to derail too much, but...

Great picture! I can easily make out "Coos Bay" but does that say "82 lb"? :eek:   Methinks their scales were off back in the day or that is one big fella.

32lbs

OK, I hated to be that guy calling out a weight, so I knew I was reading it wrong. Thanks.

Indeed good news about the reg changes, or lack thereof. Now if we can just get greedy and ask for 28" and/or a slot limit. wink.gif

Great it was a hard fought fight for you guys and gals up north. We out of state also put our two cents in protesting the regulation ;)

Thats great dan....Working together with abundance of letters really makes a difference..We even had many clubs working on this..Even mail from back east as i asked for assistance on this bill..I also write for them with striper & baitfish issues..One guy asked if I would allow letters I wrote to takle to Mass...hearings...Mainly because even coming from out of state, I spend lots of money during fishing trips in Rhode Island & Mass..He said this would bea good issue to show at hearings etc Right now I'm working on a judge who gave out linient sentences to a poacher, which i posted here..Again because thou out of state Im'. a concerned citizen & a visiter to his state often...Still waiting for a response, but I don't give up...Letters & emails are cheap & if we all chip in it shows....I hope ?

anyone see that somethings fishy add running around.. to me that looks like a example of how they twist things to get others to do and believe what they want.. it is all over the internet on various forums...

I picked up a copy of Yachtsman Bay & Delta January 2012 edition with Bobby Barrack on the front

Anyway while reading it they talk about the proposal but found something you all need to know about

on page 34 it reads : Something that could be considered a concern: There's a private engineering firm from Pasadena that supposedly posted a job looking for someone to manage construction of a " multi billion-dollar twin tunnels beneath the Delta."

Yet no such tunnel has been authorized; or has it?

This non-existing project is reported to move up to 10 billion!!! gallons of water per day.The tunnels could be 150 feet below ground and 33 miles long.Current estimated cost is $7 billion- you can bet that'll go up.

There is http://www.YachtsmanMagazine.com 

I think we should keep an eye out for this and if needed get everyone and their mom & grandma involved in everyway shape and form to stop it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostfish slayer View Post

anyone see that somethings fishy add running around.. to me that looks like a example of how they twist things to get others to do and believe what they want.. it is all over the internet on various forums...

Now not to sound ignorant, I do totally understand how things are twisted and to make the general population believe what they want them to..

but if you don't mind filling me in on exactly what one u have noticed is going on?

thanks =)

they have been at this for a long time... you know how bad they want all of our special sauce down there?? bad enough to purchase any piece of land they could in my area with any special sauce rights on it quite a few years ago... then once they got the land with the sauce they needed they had a pipe put in that will not only pump the sauce to us but also pump our sauce down to them.... they got the city and farmers to go in on it promising them the sauce, now they are fighting over who gets the sauce and nobody is using it yet that i know of.. you know how bad they want it down there...10 plus or minus years ago people from down there tried to get permits to pump fresh special sauce out of the gualala river into big floating bags in the ocean where they would then have them tugged down south with boats... when they failed on the gualala they tried to do it to the mad river.... eventually both were shot down.. now they are on with the death canal and dammit expansion... haha they want our sauce!!

about that something is fishy add i watched it and i also watched the 1-2 hr long video of the last mpla meeting.. the persons/organization that fishy video is attacking,, straight up lays it out for everyone to know the his background and what is going on... nothing fishy or hidden.. you would never know that unless you knew his history or watched the mpla meeting/video when they come out to speak up about being attacked by those people... if you just seen the add as hundreds of thousands of internet people do it would look like they are bad... twisting things around.. who is actually running that fishy add? i bet that would tell everything... i wonder if they heart pom...