A Political Organization Staffed With Fringe Right-Wing Lunatics

Rate this topic

nipsip

IMO all Komen is a consulting firm, run by right wingers, closely aligned with conservative politics, that helps large corporate clients sell more of their products through pinkwashing campaigns.

Their current president, Karen Handel, ran for governor of Georgia in 2010 and lost. During her campaign she promised repeatedly to defund Planned Parenthood. She took over Komen a few months ago. You do the math.

Whatever money benefits the sick, researchers, or recovering patients is truly secondary. Getting those big, fat tax-exempt checks from their "Partners for the Cure" is what drives their business model.

Think I am too cynical? Nothing says "We're serious about stomping out breast cancer!" like a pink bucket of fried chicken. Look at the profit for the Colonel. KFC donated 50 cents for every pink bucket of chicken, and how many people bought because they thought the $$$ was going to research?

Well folks it is not. Out of the $331MM collected, 21% goes to research 14% goes to education, and 27% for overhead. Hardly the numbers millions of women think is going to breast cancer research and etc.

After this debacle, corporate sponsors would rather put a skull and crossbones on their packaging than another pink ribbon for fear of a public backlash against their brand.

Hell man, at least you could make it some kind of challenge.*

*For future reference, "IMO" is internet abbreviation for "In MY Opinion."

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

I have no idea why you bother, that's a damn good question.  Hell man you're no better than that son a of a bitch Joe Biden.

I got an idea, we cann clear some stuff up.

bring your "leftists are smart" thoughts over here from the other thread, and let's do a compare and contrast.  Explain how copying other's thoughts and words and representing them as your own-JUST like Ted Kennedy and Joe Biden, your own people. (trend?)-bolsters or supports your caim of superior liberal intelligence?

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

I have no idea why you bother, that's a damn good question.  Hell man you're no better than that son a of a bitch Joe Biden.

I got an idea, we cann clear some stuff up.

bring your "leftists are smart" thoughts over here from the other thread, and let's do a compare and contrast.  Explain how copying other's thoughts and words and representing them as your own-JUST like Ted Kennedy and Joe Biden, your own people. (trend?)-bolsters or supports your caim of superior liberal intelligence?

It's the 'Collective' Mindset?.......... The Thoughts of one are the Thoughts of all?????????? :huh:

It's the 'Collective' Mindset?.......... The Thoughts of one are the Thoughts of all?????????? :huh:

I think I'm going to steal that thought from you, and start referring to the 'progressives' as 'The Borg'. :laugh:..:hi5:

The nitwits of the 'progressve', er....I mean, 'Borg' world are tossing their Simian talking points crap at walls everywhere. And 'cut & paste' is ever so much easier than 'thought & reason'. Leaves one more time to get back to the bong. :laugh:

"I think, that all right thinking people, are sick & tired of being told that they're sick & tired of being sick & tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick & tired of being told that I am."