Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mako20ft

Lamiglass Custom Cod or Head Boat.

35 posts in this topic

I had this made at Wickford Rod Works in 2009, actually had 2 made identical. Original Lami SB1363M cut 10" from the butt and the remainder from the tip for a finished 84" (7 feet). Fuji components and the following specs. Center of reel seat at 15", collector guide at 37" and the grip is nicely done in a cord wrap specifically for handling when wet or hands slick from bait. In front of the trigger real seat is a 6" length of EVA foam to rest on the rail. I elected not to go with a gimbal butt for comfort. Lastly, there is a hook holder forward of the grip but I have never used it so no scratches there.

The rod has nice mojo and would make a fine addition if your hitting the head boats or otherwise deep jigging. I've used up to 16oz and 100lb braid with no concern if the rod was capable. There are mild signs of use but absolutely nothing to suggest abuse. It's been wiped down consistently during and after each trip. It also doesn't hurt that it's a glass blank so durability will likely never be an issue.

Some pics... I'm asking $105 + split the shipping. Yes, this rod can be mailed without a problem in a PVC tube. If you would like to see something specific just ask and I can add pics as needed.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3029132/width/600/height/450]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3029161/width/600/height/450]

I should add that I am always open to trades for small Abu Conventional reels. On the hunt for a 5500 series with dual cast controls...not the palming sideplate version.

Would you take any other trades? I have a tuna stick up for for trade :D

Joe,

Ya' know I did see that but I've got so many of this weight range it wouldn't be smart owning another not making the rotation. Come spring I want to purchase one of the short, lightweight jigging sticks I hear so much about. I've seen them new under a bill these days as they're so popular.

I shouldn't have limited potential trades to just that Abu style. If it can be used from the surf and I don't already have it then I'm game. It's not the money...just want to see someone using a pretty good stick for what it was built for.

Dutch

I'm not a collector...are these fishable or do they belong on a shelf? For me, buying a couple of new S/S poppers is an investment :shock:

One other item I'm looking for are spools of Fireline in 30lb test should anyone be so inclined. Color doesn't matter but the lb test is a must.

If your other trade doesn't work out:

I have 2 spools of 30lb -300yards of fireline in white

Also a orange abu with power handle with black fireline (30lb?).

If your other trade doesn't work out:

I have 2 spools of 30lb -300yards of fireline in white

Also a orange abu with power handle with black fireline (30lb?).

Let me Google up your location and find out if it's on my route(s) coming up. Also, can you tell which Abu model number you have and then a brief description?

Back shortly,

The drive isn't too bad. If your serious about having a look see how far south would you be willing to drink coffee and drive :th:

Hmm I might have traded my orange 6500 away.... the only other one I can find is a 6501 with no mods. (lefty reel)

I do have the fireline, they were bought last year and haven't been touched.

Well, I can definitely use the line in a couple months. I'm not picky, see if there is anything else not doing much good and I'm open to suggestions. Shame on that Abu, I'm right handed and grew up fishing LMB...wouldn't be comfortable trying to switch and reel lefty.

Totally not expect you to switch to lefty. I honestly don't know where my other reel is, I have to try to find out if I trade it or it's just hidden somewhere in my basement.

You are still looking for plugs to trade right? I have lots of stuff if you have some specific that you are looking for.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0