Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John M

Syria

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

I was watching the news and it seem the govt there is killing loads fo its own people to maintain power. Didnt we go into Lybia for that reason? to stop the govt killing its poeple? where is nato, where is Obama?

hmmmmmm

I have been asking this question for a few months.

I figure it is either that Syria has very little oil, or that Iran is Syria's big brother is Iran, and the repercussions of getting involved with Syria are greater.

there is also no EU pressure to get involved.

I agree dena........seems to me Syria fits the criteria used to bomb lybia. So why arnt we there? Why does the current admin pretned nothing is going on, and when they do commnet they say, the syrian people have to work it out for themselves.

It is kind of hard to project a consistent foreign policy when you are inconsistent.: :confused:

Even with the military successes, this administration's foreign policy is another weak point.

President Obama has demanded that Syria stop killing its own people and that Assad step down.

What do you want him to do, start another war?

why not? syria more than fits his criteria justifying why he did what he did in lybia.........so why isnt he doing anything? where are the air strikes? whers is Nato?

It is kind of hard to project a consistent foreign policy when you are inconsistent.: :confused:

Even with the military successes, this administration's foreign policy is another weak point.

well the whole syria, iran thing shows me his forign piolicy is based on a bomb or a seal team........other than that he has nothing.

why not? syria more than fits his criteria justifying why he did what he did in lybia.........so why isnt he doing anything? where are the air strikes? whers is Nato?

No oil at stake.

No oil at stake.

oh that cant be..........2 reasons why it cant be.......only resp go to war for oil, I know this becasue the lefties say it all the time..........secondly, obama and his cronies say oil is evil.

It must be something else ;) I mean obama wouldnt be a hypocrite would he ;)

maybe one of our lefty freinds here will tell us why obama is letign 1000s die in the streets fo syria.

Either we are World police or we are not.

A little consistency is all I ask.

Why get involved in Libya, and not Syria. No advisory role, no bombers, no nothing in Syria.

Maybe there is an explanation I am missing, care to enlighten me?

WE didn't know he was going to get UBL, we didn't know he was going to get the Somali Hostages, we didn't know he was going to

withdraw from Afghanistan earlier and we don't know what he'll do with Syria.

That's why he's successful, he doesn't give his hand away.

So relax, he's got it.

WE didn't know he was going to get UBL, we didn't know he was going to get the Somali Hostages, we didn't know he was going to

withdraw from Afghanistan earlier and we don't know what he'll do with Syria.

That's why he's successful, he doesn't give his hand away.

So relax, he's got it.

I am comforted to know we are in such good hands.

Why you guys want to continue to play World Policeman when we're broke is beyond me.

not me dude, how many times have I said lets pull back from that job? bring our tropps home for all over the world? Im just pointing out what I see as more hypcorisy form obama and his supporters.

Ididnt thinnk we eneded to go into Lybia, but by the presidents on standards (the ones he used to justify) syria more than qualifies. All I can guess is it was aanother war for oil, the kind of thing the left decrys.......well at least when its not thier guy waging said war.