Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt A. Poisett

PATS FANS GIANTS FANS LETS HEAR YOUR SCORE

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Giants in a blowout. 38-21. Book it. ;)

I think that this will be a good game. Giants O-line will struggle in the first quarter to open running lanes with that massive (but sloooow) NT clogging the lanes. I don't see them having the horses to get to Eli much (not six times as the 49er's did and Eli unlike Brady seems to take being hit without tantrums). It'll be a long afternoon for the Pat's secondary and, when the Pat's D-line starts to wear down, Bradshaw will start to run, keeping the ball away from Brady. NE's big tight ends remain a problem....gotta love Belichek's ability to introduce a new wrinkle into the game.

A word about Brady. He has trouble being hit. Who doesn't? He is a lock HOF quarterback who clawed his way up from a low draft choice to a guy who has a place among the all time greats. Wish him well. Except tomorrow. Eli is pushing his way into the conversation for the HOF. Sorry, Brady.

Here's the way I see it,

Pats have a bend but don't break Defense.

but even their "don't break" puts them at 14th on points allowed (from what I recall, not verified)

The Giants are a very good 3rd down team, Eli has been very efficient at finding a receiver past the sticks,

I think the Giants should have a time of possession edge,

which will become an increasingly big factor as the game goes along,

by the fouth quarter the Giants will find running the ball past a winded line easier,

While the game will be close and competative throughout,

easy scores at the end make it Giants by 13,

in my opinion,

This.

All on how the Pats handle the vaunted 'front four'...If Brady is rushed/hit/knocked down/Sacked (I mean a combination of these) 6 times or less, the Pats will win easily, pulling away in the fourth quarter to a 45-28 win. If Brady is harrassed fairly often, it's then a pick'em and I'd lean with the Giants winning by a one possession game or less (24-20). Basically, the Giants can't win if they allow Brady to get on his game and the Patriots can't win if they can't protect Brady...Being able to predict the outcome after say...1 1/2 quarters will be pretty easy based on these factors, even if the scoreboard is still close at that time