Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ironlungz

HELP building my custom rod

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hows everyone doing. This is my first post and ive been a avid fishing for the past 6-8 months. I do most boat fishing from Long Beach and Newport off of southern california. Ive been looking to get a custom rod because im using a cheap 20$ rod from walmart with my calcutta 400.

I want a rod for this upcoming summer months where ima be fishing for barracuda, yellowtail, white sea bass, and hopefully some tuna. Hoping that you guys here might be able to help me out with a good setup from your own experiences.

Here are some of my personal stats and things i would like out of my rod.

I'm 5'10" with average strength.

Would like to cast extremely far. ( so i was thinking maybe a 8 footer?)

A rod that can hold the weight of a 6x salas and other lures for this type of fishing. (I'm guessing 6-8oz? let me know if i need more)

Will be using my calcutta 400 for this rod.

I'm guessing i can just choose a grip/handle that is comfortable with me.

Also, I am not sure if the quality of the rings are a big concern, but would definitely like to get a decent brand.

I would appreciate it if you can send me some stats on your own personal customized rods and your experiences with this type of fishing. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

yeah i accidently post this in the main forum 3 times because everytime i submitted it, it said that there was an error. I did end up submitting it in the rod building section. Thanks. Is there any way to delete these other threads i created?