Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kings over Queens

My kid is large, freakishly so.

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

The docs have been monitoring a slight curvature in my middle kids spine. This involves and annual x-ray.

Doc tells wife, "he's going to be big." "Real Big." 6 2 or better big.

Last night at dinner, I noticed his freakishly large feet. Not sure why I didn't notice them earlier. Turns out he wears a 10.5. He's 12.

Wife dared me to compare his hand size to mine. His are larger (longer) but not as fat as mine. I have large hands. His are bigger. He's 12. :shock:

it happens.

get him into football now.

have a nephew in FL who at 14 wore a size 14 shoe, was six foot five and weighed over 300 lbs.

he's going full scholarship somewhere. soon as he figures out where he wants to go.

It's everywhere. I got one who is 13, foot size the same. Six feet tall. Weighs 167. Is just starting to grow fromunda hair with a slight voice change. Oh noes...... :shock:

My oldest is 16.

6'1"

150 lbs soaking wet

size 14 shoe

and he's a blackbelt.

He can't take me yet. I have anger and bitterness in my corner.

My oldest is 16.

He can't take me yet. I have anger and bitterness in my corner.

I told him last night, after he smirked after seeing that his hands were bigger, that I'd still kick his ass.

In fact, I remind both of them on regular occasion, that there will come a time when they want to unseat me at the table. It's only natural. A boy doesn't become a man until his kills his father, or some **** like that. I told them that the difference between me and them is that when the time comes, they will take pity on me and go easy whereas I will fight dirty and win. :)

We're a baseball family.

Still work on core strength and maybe throw yoga in so the spine curve does not impeded his ability to follow through on a swing. He should always properly stretch his back for best hitting results.

I told him last night, after he smirked after seeing that his hands were bigger, that I'd still kick his ass.

In fact, I remind both of them on regular occasion, that there will come a time when they want to unseat me at the table. It's only natural. A boy doesn't become a man until his kills his father, or some **** like that. I told them that the difference between me and them is that when the time comes, they will take pity on me and go easy whereas I will fight dirty and win. :)

Oh crap, we're halfway through Oedipus, please stop it now.

My kids are shrimps. :p

Still work on core strength and maybe throw yoga in so the spine curve does not impeded his ability to follow through on a swing. He should always properly stretch his back for best hitting results.

Yup. The curvature is very minor, in fact, only brought to our attention by an over reactive school nurse during a regular screening. The Doc isn't concerned.

The boy has gotten much better of late, as he's embraced his athleticism.

Unfortunately for him, he has my flexibility, and not his mothers.

I don't even understand why the doctor would make mention of it...unless he was worried about the spine issue. They should be reading the riot act to parents who have fat kids instead.

I don't call 6'3" freakish anyway. The other issue with boys is they attain almost 80% of their adult height by this age so it is not a big deal. I was 6 feet tall when I was 13 now I am 6'1" and 41..i just filled out a little as I ages instead of looking like a bean pole.

My 8 yr old is 5 feet tall already...not worried about it...as long as your kids are lean and active life is good.