Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Awesome John

Interesting Story..I'm Flying to Hollywood on Feb 9th for a week, does anyone know of any weekly rental rooms around Sherman Oaks Area?

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Now this is very interesting...

Well, I got a call from the film makers in Hollywood who want to shoot the documentary about me, things are moving forward slowly by going well in their efforts to finally coordinate financing for the movie.

I wanted very much to personally get over to Hollywood to see everyone first hand and finalize all the details for the spring start of filming. Also I have had buying music gear (and fishing gear) on ebay for the last couple of years now in preparation for my eventual return and by now its a mountain of stuff in my friends music studio in LA..:) it would be so good to go to Hollywood and see the film makers and also pick up some of my music stuff, and do some shows around town... but like everyone else everywhere my situation is the same "at this moment money is kinda tight" :(

So I sat down put my hand on my heart and said "Dear God I dont ask you for much because I am so grateful for all you have given me, I dont want to sound cheesy but could you please get me to LA some how?" Well you know God is super cool , so loving and wonderful, so the "next morning" my wife wakes me up and says look at this honey and she has the drapes pulled back and there is a beautiful rainbow in the sky.... so I smile and say "wow thats amazing" then she says its a sign honey, so then we hear a "clink" on her computer and we get the email that had us in awe of Gods love... It was a letter from Turkish airlines and they had a complementary ticket reserved for me as sponsor for my projects in Hollywood. It seems that my wife had sent a request for sponsorship a while back for a trade show appearance and they finally got it approved! Now how is that for a miracle? What are the odds of that actually happening? Just goes to show you God really loves us all very much... it takes a while for us humans to understand cause we are so caught up in other stuff sometimes cant see his love when its right in front of your eyes... and you say stuff like "what a cool coincidence" well it aint no coincidence this is a beautiful miracle :)

okey now I am thinking , I have a limited budget and looking for a cost efficient weekly room or bed and breakfast in the Sherman Oaks area of LA... Only problem is that Sherman Oaks is near Beverly hills so I looked at the hotel prices online and my weewee shrunk :shock:

Its more than the plane ticket would have been :shock:

Okey so now I have rolled up my sleeves and am looking for a bed and breakfast, weekly room, or whatever I can afford .. and I'm still looking through the net... problem is that when I find a place that I can afford I look at the reviews from past clients and "Holy Moly" people saying stuff like "we were attached by bedbugs and roaches" yuk!!!!!!!!!!!! imagine going to a meeting for a motion picture with bedbug bites on your face with roaches climbing out your pockets? Or scratching with fleas? Oh man :scared:

So I was sitting at my computer with this lost look on my face :freak: and my dear wife comes in the room and says "why dont you ask your fishing buddies maybe they know some one who lives in the area who could rent you a room for a week or knows of a decent place"

and I said "Your Right sweety pie"...

So here I still am :freak: trying to figure this one out.... I got like 250 maybe 300 bucks to rent a weekly room around Sherman Oaks,

Does anyone of you fine fishing buddies know anyone or anyplace that I could rent a weekly room in that area?

Its worth a shot so I thought I'd give it a try..... anyone have any friends out that way or know the area , a motel, bed+ breakfast etc?

Please let me know... I have to find a way ..

Warmest Regards

Awesome John

I think it would be really cool if someone did - but I have another Idea. I am broker than broke right now but I'll chip in to get you a little fund to get decent accommodations for the week. I can't spare a ton right now but I could do something. Wouldn't take too many folks to chip in a bit for you to get what you need. I can't organize it but if someone wants to start the ball rolling I'll contribute what I can. Heck John - least we could round up enough money to buy you some flea spray ;)

Ryan

I think it would be really cool if someone did - but I have another Idea. I am broker than broke right now but I'll chip in to get you a little fund to get decent accommodations for the week. I can't spare a ton right now but I could do something. Wouldn't take too many folks to chip in a bit for you to get what you need. I can't organize it but if someone wants to start the ball rolling I'll contribute what I can. Heck John - least we could round up enough money to buy you some flea spray ;)

Ryan

Thats not a bad idea. Set up a paypal account. I wouldn't mind donating a few bucks :)

Brother Ryan You are such a generous person , Typical clean souled surf caster always ready to start a fund for a fellow surfcaster.

But really we are all not as loose cashed as we used to be, so Even though I appreciate your good will and honored by your support it really isn't necessary brother because I am sure that through some good effort and the good lords guidance I should be able to dig up something. I have contacted a few furnished apartments that were looking to share with monthly renters ... the economy is terrible and there are a lot of flakes out there so I'm hoping that someone will see the logic in renting for a 10 day nice clean gentleman roommate for like 250 bucks or 300 bucks instead of opening their home to a drugged out smelly smoker alky serial killer for more cash off the bat.

So Im pecking away at Craigs list hoping to fine a nice person who can use the money and a nice room mate for 10 days...

I feel its possible just got to keep trying...

Ryan I appreciate your great good will but I'lm sure I'll find a way... Thanks anyway buddy..! :th:

If you have any extra time on your hands, check out the Renaldo Beach/King Harbor area for it's bonito fishing and let me know how it is...I'd like to sample it one day.LOL

Hey AJ I am with Ryan and I would not mind contributing some funds. It would be much better to pay for a nice place than to have you rooming with the Craigslist Chainsaw Killer.:shock:

Hey AJ I am with Ryan and I would not mind contributing some funds. It would be much better to pay for a nice place than to have you rooming with the Craigslist Chainsaw Killer.:shock:

LOL,,,,,

Man you guys are funny,

God Bless you brother but "really" money is not needed just got to find the right person who is renting their house but couldnt find the right guy and wouldnt mind renting to a nice guy for 10 days...

I will work it out , I called one older guy he sounded really nice on the phone.. one of these is gonna work... I am sending emails out.... "like bait fishing with multiple rods.... gonna get a bite soon I hope.. :) Thanks anyway Moocks

I think I may have found a way...:idea:

Beverly hills isnt that like a Gay community?

Gay guys dont hate straight guys as long as the straight guys are nice people who dont hate gay guys...

Well I dont hate anyone ( except guys who keep short fish) and I like gay people so maybe I can post something up in gay site and say " no funny stuff but I'll be your friend" :) and I need a place to stay..

maybe that will work :idea:

I can just see myself now waking up at 4.AM with bubah coming towards me with the whipped cream :shock:

God will save me! :moon:

If you have any extra time on your hands, check out the Renaldo Beach/King Harbor area for it's bonito fishing and let me know how it is...I'd like to sample it one day.LOL

I think you mean Rendondo Beach, don't you? I've caught bonito right inside the breakwaters down there live-lining anchovies...what a pissa

Awesome John, Best wishes for your film project. If you can time the Montauk shoot for late October or early November, I'm available as an extra who will work for freee. It is nice to see you are alive and well.

I think you mean Rendondo Beach, don't you? I've caught bonito right inside the breakwaters down there live-lining anchovies...what a pissa

You can also rent small boats there. Lot of fun. Good luck AJ.

Cabo