Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knielsen

Central/Southern Maine ice fishing

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I got a camp on Norway lake. I live in gorham so i fish around sebago and the otter ponds just trout and pickrel and the usual. Are there any other good spots around here, hows norway lake for ice fishing. Ive also wanted to go cusk fishing for a while but never been. Whats a good lake and bait to use for that trip?

Seems to me your in the right area...the ponds you mentioned are good fish producers. Drive around on the weekend to any of the other lakes around you, and you will see people ice fishing, get out and talk to some of them. Not to keen on Cusk fishing, so I can't offer anything up.

I got a camp on Norway lake. I live in gorham so i fish around sebago and the otter ponds just trout and pickrel and the usual. Are there any other good spots around here, hows norway lake for ice fishing. Ive also wanted to go cusk fishing for a while but never been. Whats a good lake and bait to use for that trip?

[/quote

Once there is a bit more ice on sabago send me a pm I will show you all I know on cusk fishing (not to much) but allot of fun and tasty . As for bait smelt, shiners suckers dead or alive all seam to work good if I use alive I put a split shot 2" above them on the leader it slows them down and seams to help I set them 2 feet of the bottom but everyone else I talk to says they lay them on the bottom, but the most fun is jigging for them use a jig that glows and a uv light to charge it up tip with a chunk of bait

Tobias