Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugeDinghy

since when can we not have conversations

Rate this topic

89 posts in this topic

on controversial topics :huh:

saying someone is hypocritical isnt name calling, i dont think...

Tread lightly or you'll be the next one.... Otter'd

:v:

It is.

You can't call the PERSON a hypocrite.

As far as I know you can point out the post or behavior illustrated by the post exhibits hypocritical behavior, and leave your comments directed to the post and/or behavior.

Just not the person.

Or just don't do it at all, and then you don't have to worry about it.

Dragging crap from one topic in another forum into a present discussion in this forum so you can assault someone personally is not a conversation, it's a personal attack. You had you opportunity to do that already in the 6 month old thread when it was relevant. You are welcome to discuss topics here, not members. Nobody cares what you think about someone personally, that's not a topic for discussion, keep your personal, off topic comments to yourself. What you thought someone posted months ago in a different thread in a different forum isn't relevant to a topic being discussed today - it's personal.

It's really simple - you aren't welcome to attack people here, period. I don't care if you don't agree with them, I don't care if you think their opinion today differs from the opinion you thought they had months ago in a different thread - that's not a topic you are welcome to discuss here. Keep your posts on topic and impersonal. Keep the antagonistic garbage out of your posts. This is nothing new, for too long I've been sort of allowing folks to get away with it when they are respectful about it, but that just makes people think it's ok to antagonize and insult someone. Nobody cares if you think someone is a hypocrite, that's not the topic of discussion, it's your off topic and personal opinion of that person - and that doesn't belong here.

I'm getting very tired of the antagonistic crap between people here, some folks actually think it's ok and that's probably because we've tolerated the fake antagonistic stuff between friends for so long...it gives folks the impression that we allow this kind of personal crap...and we don't.

TimS

leave your comments directed to the post and/or behavior.

Just not the person.

^^^While not perfect, that would be much less likely to get edited. It's when people think it's alright to attack and antagonize others and basically start **** that it gets old instantly.

TimS