Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nauset

Best "cheap" plug you've found

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

define cheap....SS bottle plugs are killer for me, but I dont know if they fit your definition of cheap...to me they are prolly better described as cheaper, versus cheap....

a green over bronze Yozuri Mag minnow

I found it ON my beach - damn plug has caught more fish than any $30 plug I've ever bought

I'm thinking about retiring it soon

Tsunami Talking popper at about $6.00 was an amazing plug for me last year.600x450px-LL-8ae50f60_IMG_6871.jpeg

did great with those 2 years ago.

Tsunami Swim shad

Chub creek striper swiper

Capt Bills (I Think) parrot colored pencil poppers. Picked up a bunch at a Nassau Coliseum show for $5 apiece.You guys remember the guy that was all the way in the corner...always had tons of rigs for sale, all in cardboard boxes set out on table..... Used them in the weed bowl and jones area and murdered the fish....when guys throwing $25 pencils went dry. Pretty funny, actually.

4" Pearl Storm Shads, Bombers and Redfins, Creek Chub Striper Swiper and Knucklehead Popper's. Man did I catch a ton of fish with those lures when I first started out surfcasting.

2nd 7in redfin

although I don't think anything out proformed preformed a green tail ava this past season

Can't beat a 16A Bomber or a 7" Red Fin. As for 2011's late fall season best lure, my vote goes to a " Deadly Dick", at the end of the cast, that was my best performer.