Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
916steelhead

Japan Drier

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Anyone ever use the stuff to accelarate the dry/cure time on sealer such as boiled linseed and mineral spirits mixture? I ask because i am limited to time on getting some Tuna Poppers done for a Long Range Boat in So-Cal. Thanks in Advance.

Try heat sealing with etex thinned out with denatured alcohol. Will be dry the next day. If your pressed for time its the way to go...might be either way.

This is how I seal all my plugs! works great and is quick

Will heat sealing with etex thinned out with denatured alcohol work on balsa wood :confused: I just purchased a couple of blocks of balsa looking to make myself some balsa poppers and a couple of crankbaits :confused: This is my first attempt in working with balsa("I generally use basswood or pine") I have some old Bagley's Balsa B that I purchased from Mongomery Wards as models in a egg crate some 40 years ago for $15.00 per dozen Crankbaits it was a promotion deal that Bagley's had! Amazing for Balsa plugs!

Anyone ever use the stuff to accelarate the dry/cure time on sealer such as boiled linseed and mineral spirits mixture? I ask because i am limited to time on getting some Tuna Poppers done for a Long Range Boat in So-Cal. Thanks in Advance.

Most of us hobby guys don't have dead lines and probably haven't even thought of something to speed up epoxy or paint cure in a chemical way. The one thing that people have to also think about is if accelerating any part of your build can cause serious flaws in your finished products.

I also have concern as you building for a commercial build. Your building process is really new and you haven't even given your work and fish time in season to test your designs and building process. Slow down, tell the boat skipper your not going to have them ready and still need to test your work.

Just got restarted in turning myself and was just looking for a quick sealing process. What type ratio do find is a good start?

I use etex thinned with DA, 60% etex $40% DA and soak the blanks in it for a few min after heating them in the microwave