Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bentstick

Sandyhook seal population

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I know last winter there was a large number of seals that took temporary residence at the hook. I haven't seen or heard of anything more than an occasional sighting of a single seal. I thought there might be more since there's so many bass to feed on this winter.

Anybody see or here of those unwanted beasts in moco this winter?

I know last winter there was a large number of seals that took temporary residence at the hook. I haven't seen or heard of anything more than an occasional sighting of a single seal. I thought there might be more since there's so many bass to feed on this winter.

Anybody see or here of those unwanted beasts in moco this winter?

Bentstick - In that large number - do you have a ball park figure. 20, 50 100?

Last years winter was severe. That might have been a factor in pushing some seal further south. I figure they will infest Montauk first if they are moving south from Cape Cod.

The Inuiets say they taste good. ;)

Bentstick - In that large number - do you have a ball park figure. 20, 50 100?

Last years winter was severe. That might have been a factor in pushing some seal further south. I figure they will infest Montauk first if they are moving south from Cape Cod.

The Inuiets say they taste good. ;)

Last winter, I was driving by and could see easily 80+... some were huge. I stopped the car thinking, WTH did they do to the bayside since the bridge (I thought I saw boulders lining the whole bayside-first lot)....on further inspection there couldve been close to 100. I thought they put a rock wall along it....lol