Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shark lobster

what type of reel for around 250

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

was looking for new reel , only have around 250 or so to spend , i fish everywere canal beaches , i like the saltist but is there anything i should look at other than this reel , spining reel .input would be great

Saltist and Saragossa will probably be the most common replies. I like the Saltist because it casts farther than the Saragossa. Both have held up the same for me but they are pretty much back ups right now.

I have had great luck with my Saragossa,but for less money the Saltist has got Great Reviews.I have been thinking of buying a Saltist for another rig this year.Great reel for the Money.

Have heard a lot good reviews about the Penn battle. Know a few canal and charter guys that fished them hard last year and had little no problem.

costs about $ 100.00 cheaper

I do speculate about how the main and pinion will hold up to heavy jigging. My guess is it won't, but for anything else I think would do.

Have heard a lot good reviews about the Penn battle. Know a few canal and charter guys that fished them hard last year and had little no problem.

costs about $ 100.00 cheaper

I do speculate about how the main and pinion will hold up to heavy jigging. My guess is it won't, but for anything else I think would do.

no jigging for me plugs and tin is all ,,, do you have both to look at ?

i ran a diawa exceler 5000 last year it didnt hold up to the ditch but diawa sent me a new one and i gave it to my dad. i have a saltist 6000($200)emblem shot 5500/6000($120) and penn battle 7000($110). we'll see how they hold up this time around if not im buying a shimano next year!!!:)