Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jae

small engine fuel

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

hey anyone ever use SEF b4? a buddy of mine told me about it and i got 2 cans today and made my oil gas mix. it has a shelf life of 2 years no ethonal crap in it and 94 octane

here is the reg, they make 40:1 and 50:1 premix about 8 bux a can

Resampled_2012-01-31_17-04-18_525.jpg

yes mooks 1 quart of good gas not crap pump gas and my fuel oil mix is 100:1 using amsoil saber syn 2 stroke oil stuffs the bomb!

and if i can get the 5 gal for 50$ i will buy it

Can't you get ethanol free gasoline in CT? How about race gas? Gotta be cheaper than what you are paying for that stuff. I get ethanol free gas (89 octane from the Marina) for less than $6/gallon here in Hawaii (always in the top 5 for highest average gas prices nationwide). Race gas (100 octane) can be bought for about $9/gallon.

im trying it out for my ice auger as it gets used over the winter and sits for extended time in the garage. as i said they advertise 2 year shelf life which is good vs the pump gas which breaks down in about 2 weeks and the ethonal sux in power equiptment that sits

As long as the gas doesn't have ethanol, it should be fine for over a year. If you can keep the gas at a relatively steady temperature and add Stabil, it should keep for over two years.

Yes, I agree ethanol sux. The environmentalists and legislators don't realize that adding ethanol to gas reduces the energy output when burned. Less energy = less power = longer run times = more fuel consumed = back at square one.

From what I know about octane: If you use a 94 octane fuel in a regular car that does not need 94, the fuel is actually counter productive. So other than the fuel being ethanol free, the fuel isn't any better with a high octane number. I know you're not using it in a car but it's the same theory.

i think the extra money you spend on gas could buy a new engine when that one burns out. just my opinion. also and i'm just theorizing on this one. since its a higher octane/ slower burning gas, wouldn't you increase the chances of overheating the engine. i know its not a problem in cars cause of the water cooling but on an air cooled engine it seems like the hotter temps associated with the slower burn would overheat the engine.

im trying it out for my ice auger as it gets used over the winter and sits for extended time in the garage. as i said they advertise 2 year shelf life which is good vs the pump gas which breaks down in about 2 weeks and the ethonal sux in power equiptment that sits

its a strike master ice auger so heat is no issue. i can run 2 types of plugs oem and one that puts out a bigger hotter spark. i want this to run smooth whaen im cutting holes in the ice. they half gal i have should last me this season and next depending on how many trips i make and how many holes i make. the past 3 years ive had carb problems with the pump gas eating and warping fuel lines and gumming up the carb and destroying the fuel pump diaphram. i figured id try it to see if it makes a difference.

this stuff will probably solve the rotting and warping although for the gumming i'd still drain the carb at the end of the season.