Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bomberman86

Fishing with korkers.....

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I just recently bought my first pair of Korkers and was wondering the proper way to suit up for the slippery rocks.  Should i get a certain pair of pants to wear out there or specific boots to to put my korkers on confused.gif   I'm looking forward to doing some jetty fishing this year, as i normally fish from the beach with waders. It will be nice to switch it up and try a different approach.  Thanks for any input.

Just wear whatever you like for footwear and put the korkers on over them. I usually wear waders and wading boots, so my korkers are a bit big for my regular shoes, but they still do fine. One good idea is to run duct tape from under the korker,over the top of the foot a few times. This way, if your buckle should come loose or break, you won't loose the korker...a little insurance.

depends on the place you are going to fish, some spots i wear waders, others I just wear my wading boots, wiht those neo socks, and rain gear.....some I wear the boots and shorts...

depends on the place you are going to fish, some spots i wear waders, others I just wear my wading boots, wiht those neo socks, and rain gear.....some I wear the boots and shorts...

Same here, just duct tape the laces because they have a tendency to loosen up .

I've fishing on the jetty few years now few pointer wet and mosses area don't be afraid to step on just avoid the dry rock it can be slippery. As for me I wear wading boot it has a better snug fit a better model is k5000or 5200 their a little heavy vs 1000,1100 model but they give a better traction hope this help

Summer is regular shoes, and cold weather, I wear knee high rubber boots with rain pants.

I have the tie style and have replaced the laces with thin (3-4mm) braided chord that you can find at a place that sells climbing gear.

Don't forget that korkers will help, but you can still slip with them on.

I have,the Chrome boots and use the castrax korkers,they give me a better footing(wetsuit).

When I am in waders,then I just use the castrax.I don't use ductape,I use thick bootlaces,and zipties to make them super secure.

Nothing like looking for a lost korker:mad:.