Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sidewinder

Bridgestone Revo ?

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have the bridgestone Revo's on there beach vehicle/snow suv...Thinking about putting a set on my 03 4 runner ...when i bought the truck it had the scorpion atr not a fan ....the edges wore way to quick....any comments on the revos??

I had them and liked how they handle. good all around tire. great in the rain and light snow. BUT they wore out too fast for the money I spent on them. (soft compound rubber) I think I got around a little less then 30K miles on them. I replaced them with Michelin ATX A/T2 supposedly this tires last a long time and it's not uncommon to see them with over 50K. I have them for 15 months so far. only time will tell.

Tirerack used to rate these right at the top but it appears they've slipped to # 7 lately. I had at least 2 pair on my 99 Expy before trading up to a Sequoia. So much better than the OEM's the Expy came with. Great in the snow, not to aggressive for the beach, wore well, handled well wet or dry. I've since moved on to Michelins LTX as replacements on the Sequoia. I also had good luck with the Firestone Destination AT's on a Pathfinder and Ranger, they're about the same price as the Revo's and currently ranked # 1 on tirerack.

I've got 80,000 miles on Michelin Cross-Terrains on my '04 4Runner and they're not down to the wear markers yet. Mostly long-trip highway driving. They're quiet and fantastic in rain and good in snow. I was worried that the tread wouldn't work on the sand, but, after decades of Goodyear Wranglers on a series of Jeeps and sub-par OE tires on the 4Runner, the Michelins are the best beach tires I've ever had. Short-term pain on the price, long-term gain on tire life and good sand traction and road performance. Can't speak to the ATX from personal experience, but talking to my tire guy about my next set, he said the ATXs had essentially the same durability and performance as the Cross-Terrains. Let us know what you go with.

I've also got an '03 4Runner. For snow, I use real snow tires (Nokians). My summer tires are Michelin CrossTerrains that I'll probably finally have to replace this spring. As Broadbill said, the CrossTerrains work great on the sand -- you don't need (and probably don't want) an aggressive offroad tire on the sand. The CrossTerrain is a highway tire -- it isn't an offroad tire. So if you are looking to go mudding, you would not want the CrossTerrain. But I suspect the CrossTerrain will be quieter and more comfortable on the highway than Revos.

yes im starting to think i want to go twith the cross terrains...my father had an 04 4runner and he got 80k and still had time left on the tires only replacing them due to age lol

On my 3rd set of Revos...traction is GREAT in snow and rain...they do wear fast though because it is a softer rubber which helps with traction... :)

I have had two sets of Revos on my Jeep. They are great in snow (not this year) as well as in the rain and on the sand. They do wear faster than other tires that I have seen and they are VERY noisy and they cut down on gas milege.

Steve

I am on my 3rd set of Revos......1st set was on a Cherokee, 2nd set was on an 03 Long bed K1500, this set on a Tacoma.

My observations include they are quiet, have not affected any of the vehicles mileage, tremendous in rain and snow and the wear was good.

Sold the jeep w/30K on tires looked like new.

Sold the K1500 w/50K on tires had plenty of life left.

The set on the Toyota has 8K on them so far so good.

For comparison sake my ex also had a cherokee that we put Firestone Destination LE's on she got 65K out of them.

I also had a 99 K1500 short bed that I put a set of LE's on 2 years ago and last winter I drove thru everything that mother nature threw at me......I thought I could get another year out of it but it died of w/only 25K on the tires.

IMHO the LE's were a very affordable alternative that rode nice and were quiet, but I like my Revos.....