Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
codfish

New England fishing shows

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

with the fishing shows around the corner which shows get your vote for what to attend

For a pure fishing expo it hard to beat the MSBA show although RISAA is a very close second!!!!

For a pure fishing expo it hard to beat the MSBA show although RISAA is a very close second!!!!

both of these I go to, why, to get out of the house and check out fishing equipment,

I have attended both shows for several years, used to work the Providence. A great day out at both. Although the Rhode Island show is much larger with more exhibitors, I enjoy the slower pace of the Mass Bass, the vendors seem to have more time to shoot the breeze,I run into more old friends there and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, just 'Trolling 'around.

Both MSBA and RISAA are great shows and if you want something a little more laid back Plum Island has a small show up in Newburyport. All usually have different speakers, so there is a lot of information you can pick up and it is great for that winter fishing fix. You will see a lot of great gear and it is nice to give local plug builders some business. The clubs really do not make a lot of money off these things the venue halls are very expensive, they are being run to promote fishing. No matter which one you choose or if you go to multiple, you will have fun and will meet some great people and probably a few characters as well. HAVE FUN! :th:

I have attended both shows for several years, used to work the Providence. A great day out at both. Although the Rhode Island show is much larger with more exhibitors, I enjoy the slower pace of the Mass Bass, the vendors seem to have more time to shoot the breeze,I run into more old friends there and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, just 'Trolling 'around.

There were a LOT of "Junk" salesmen there last year :(

RISAA is the only one I go to anymore. While there are more 'junk' dealers at RISAA, it is also attended by just about every single rod and reel manufacturer so you get to play with all the goodies from Daiwa, shimano, st croix, avet, accurate, van staal, etc, etc, etc. The MSBA is a good show, but I don't if I go because otherwise I spend too much between the two shows :D

RISSA, i can't wait for that show i had and awesome time last year. plenty of exhibitors and u get a chance to meet some pro's + see all the newest gear. it can't get any better than BEER AND BAITS!! just over a month away. should be a good time that's u can bet!;)

Hello my MA peep's; I figured I'd poke my head in over the border and say hello! :)

RISAA, because it's a good show and it's in my backyard. ;)