Tennis

Rate this topic

TimS

Holy crap...I haven't played tennis since highschool - and even then only a few times...that was in 1983 :scared: So yesterday, I got handed a racket and was allowed about 5 minutes to stretch...and then played doubles for two hours :b: Other than one sliding dive that tore up my palms, it was an awesome workout and I'm almost afraid to say it, but it was kinda fun :th:

This morning, I could barely walk :laugh: Even my feet hurt - apparently, tennis muscles are very different from golf muscles, fishing muscles ans elliptical muscles :freak:

I intend to add this tennis thing to my efforts to lose weight, live longer and be healthier - kicks your ass and uses a whole bunch of muscle I apparently don't use enough based on the pain :wee:

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

yea, I used to make fun of the sport until I played my younger cousin who got a full D1 scholly for tennis...little bastage had me running all over the place....never realized how hard that sport is, and not just the running part, actually getting the ball to do what you want is freaking tough :freak:

:dismay: ****

"Lucky" is a fictional character on the interwebs. Nothing "Lucky" says or does can be or should be construed as a real thought by an actual person. Objects in your rear view mirror may appear to be closer than they actually are.

Not if you watch women's tennis, though. :naughty:

I'll watch that all day! :love:

"Lucky" is a fictional character on the interwebs. Nothing "Lucky" says or does can be or should be construed as a real thought by an actual person. Objects in your rear view mirror may appear to be closer than they actually are.

LOL...my dad is 74, he plays tennis every single day, 2-3 hours every day. He's heading to Florida this week to play tennis down there with some retired guys down there till the middle of March when it starts to warm up again around here. At 74 the guy has got some moves on the tennis court, he's run circles around you guys with your gay comments :wave:

I can't imagine playing tennis even once a week wouldn't be an awesome addition to a healthier lifestyle, I got pain in muscles I forgot about...and that's after kicking my own ass on an elliptical 5-6 days a week :o I'm 45 and outta shape, but I'm doing something about it :p

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

id rather play ping pong :D

Hell, you can smoke a cig while playing ping pong. I've done it plenty of times. There used to be a ping pong table on the smoking deck here at work. That is, until they got rid of the smoking deck. :squid:

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

LOL...my dad is 74, he plays tennis every single day, 2-3 hours every day. He's heading to Florida this week to play tennis down there with some retired guys down there till the middle of March when it starts to warm up again around here. At 74 the guy has got some moves on the tennis court, he's run circles around you guys with your gay comments :wave:

I can't imagine playing tennis even once a week wouldn't be an awesome addition to a healthier lifestyle, I got pain in muscles I forgot about...and that's after kicking my own ass on an elliptical 5-6 days a week :o I'm 45 and outta shape, but I'm doing something about it :p

TimS

That is awesome your dad is so active. And 5 minutes on the elliptical 5-6 times a week doesn't count. ;)

I bet it would be tough to smoke a cigarette while playing tennis :b:

Not really. You have to train right through the smoke. Makes it tougher on you so you work harder to thrive. And you get in better shape. See how much better you feel after having two while on the elliptical. So smoking is healthy after all :th:

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."